severe sway at track

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
Any updates on this one? Curious of what you found. Like I said earlier, as long as the air pressure was around 15-18 psi in the DR--and they are the same ones you used the 2 weeks prior with no sway--I think its still something in the rear suspension.

I just replaced the uca and mount, axle bushing, lcas, had the axle housing checked out and welded, che brace, panhard brace, panhard rod, lca relocation brackets and an axle girdle cover. Sadly, its now winter here and the car is away until Spring.

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I got the car out today just on street tires and now I have an awful gear whine. Also a clunking when on an off the throttle and shifting from n-p or n-d. Are these just the downfalls of the poly bushings?

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
probably an obvious question, but was this in both lanes?

I ask because last time I went to the track me and another guy with a s197 on bias ply were both getting horrible sway past the 1/8 mile. the sway was so bad both of us got out of the throttle when it happened. but that was only in the right lane. all was normal in the left lane. and nobody else was experiencing it.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Well, I got the car out today just on street tires and now I have an awful gear whine. Also a clunking when on an off the throttle and shifting from n-p or n-d. Are these just the downfalls of the poly bushings?

"awful gear whine" is subjective. However, I can say that there isn't any clunking going in and out of drive on control arms with poly bushings.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe pinion angle? changed when you installed the upper arm.
Were gears touched? I had bearing noise when I had a set of axles changed, but that was from bad axles and bearings.
Only other thought is somthing is installed incorrect or loose.

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
nope but the right rear was shaped like an hour glass when parked. ride height was the same. they were cobra jets with only a few track nights on them. once you hit around 90 at wot the car would start see sawing back and forth and got worse with speed obviously.

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
we just happen to see it when we put it in the air and started examining then we sit the car loaded on tall ramps where we could get around and it was fuckered up. also bent a panhard brace we're guessing from the 6500 launches.

Back