Shakes HU not turning on immediately.

Tungsten06

forum member
Reaction score
Shaker HU not turning on immediately.

Over the past few months I've noticed that my HU will not power on when I turn the car on. Instead it will just come on by itself after I've been in the car anywhere from 5-15 mins. Has anyone else ever had any similar issues? Know of anything I could check?

It seems it may just be time to invest in a new HU.

Tom

Last edited:

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
is this just when the car is cold? if its on, if you shut the car off and turn it back on does it come right on? could be a loose connection that is making better contact once its warm. try replacing the fuse.

07gtcs

forum member
Reaction score
That was the first warning sign I got that my Alt was shitting on me. It drove me absolutely fucking insane until other things started showing power issues as well.

Tungsten06

forum member
Reaction score
is this just when the car is cold? if its on, if you shut the car off and turn it back on does it come right on? could be a loose connection that is making better contact once its warm. try replacing the fuse.

That's what I was thinking to. I installed one of those iPod adapters that plugs in between the head unit and wiring harness, but I've already reseated it a couple times. I was thinking that's probably the issue, but wanted to see if anyone had the same problem with just the head unit.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back