Shelby non GT500 mufflers??

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the difference between the Shelby GT mufflers and the Shelby GT500 mufflers are??

Im in the market for a new set of mufflers for my GT500 and there is a set of Shelby GT mufflers for sale local to me. The only difference I see between the two is the Shelby GT mufflers look to have rolled tips and my GT500 mufflers dont.

Is there any other difference between the two sound wise???

Thanks in advance?

-Nick :beer:

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
The Shelby GT used the Ford Racing M-5230-GTA mufflers. They're completely different than your stock GT500 mufflers if that's what you mean.

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
Well. Tried installing them tonight and guess what, they dont fit............. The muffler section that connects to the over axle pipes wont slip over the over axle pipe no matter what. I tried flaring the muffler flange a little to help it slip on but there is just no way it will go all the way in flush, the way it is suppose to.

I was under the assumption that all 05-10 mufflers fit ALL 05-10 mustangs to include GT500's.....

What gives?

-Nick

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I thought that as well... Hmmm.

And I would love some GTAs. And Gallop why get rid of the Corsa!?

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I thought that as well... Hmmm.

And I would love some GTAs. And Gallop why get rid of the Corsa!?

Well, I'm going to keep the Corsa's but with the GF getting a 08/09 this summer she wants either my Sports or a set of FR500's so I may have to obey. I'd like to go with the GTA's if I do have to hand them over.

Plus, I'm starting to get OCD about this one tip being further in than the other and I can't seem to correct it as much as I try to adjust it....:asshat:

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Well, I'm going to keep the Corsa's but with the GF getting a 08/09 this summer she wants either my Sports or a set of FR500's so I may have to obey. I'd like to go with the GTA's if I do have to hand them over.

Plus, I'm starting to get OCD about this one tip being further in than the other and I can't seem to correct it as much as I try to adjust it....:asshat:

Give them to me...... :beerchug2:

:kidding:

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
Would any of you guys be interested in these GTA's? I'll only ask what I paid plus shipping (160 plus the ride). Should be right around 235 shipped to your door. I can text anyone pics also, just let me know.

Nick

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I had a similar issue. I trimmed about 1/4" off the front part of the over-axle pipe and it all fit perfect.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back