• leave stripe alone

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • replace stripe with other type of stripe

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
Nope. Took me all night...haha no it took like 10mins with a blowdryer.
I have to clean her up when I get out of scool in like an hour then I'll get some pics!

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
I'm at a party otherwise I'd post lol will post tomorrow when I can actually get some good pics!

michschi

forum member
Reaction score
The rocker stripes make the car look like a V6. Which IMO is not a good thing.

IMO if you remove it there will be too much body color and if you put a rocker stripe it will look too much like a V-6. Leave it alone.

this is kinda why I don't want the rocker stripe.

+1

How many stripes can you have.

I have plenty of stripes and I don't think it looks like a V6 at all. As said earlier, I think a rocker stripe would be a bit unique for a GT/CS. Sometimes its hard to be different when it comes to Mustangs, but I think it would look good.

cf32c814.jpg

40ad357e.jpg

michschi

forum member
Reaction score
I have always been in love with your car Michschi...no homo..

LOL, you worries on the homo, Thanks a lot, I don't think it looks like a V6 and if anyone else thinks it is, let the majority of Honda Civics drop a gear next to me on the freeway. Ha ha

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
how difficult are the 1/4 window louvers you have to install?

ps. sorry guys didn't end up getting home til late today will try to get pics tomorrow if I drive it!

michschi

forum member
Reaction score

ps. sorry guys didn't end up getting home til late today will try to get pics tomorrow if I drive it!

Really not to bad, just take your frickin' time, and definitely another set of hands.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score

I installed mine by myself in an afternoon. No problems, just like michshi said take your time or you will damage paint removing the old windows. I spent the extra $ to buy the remove tools and made it easy.

Really not to bad, just take your frickin' time, and definitely another set of hands.

Yeah I really didn't need any extra help, the only thing I made some spacers to keep them from setting so deep into the frame. I wanted them look as flush as possible. Just used some small platic bushings I had lying around the shop, then used a little extra sealant, I think they came out nice.
IMG_2729.jpg

Just for the record on rocker stripes. I am not positive 100%, but 99% sure that the first rocker stipes on mustangs were on GTs and GT 350s like in '65. They started putting them on 6cyl. cars later to make them more appealing to the masses.

sick06stang

forum member
Reaction score
I like no rocker stripes. Never was a fan of them. looks good. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

michschi

forum member
Reaction score
I think a rocker stripe would look great. However it does look clean. Sometimes clean equals blah. I I think in this case it just equal clean! :D

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
haha thanks man! I think it makes the wheels stand out a little more now without the stripe

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I actually liked it better with the stripes as it was, but it is a clean look with out them on the white. If you could get some pics close to where your OP pics were taken kind of a side by side we could really assess which looks the best.

But really our opinion doesn't matter, if you like it better then that what matters. Its a fine ride either way.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back