Side by Side

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 15 psi TVS gen II and ford racing half shafts on order already. I already have my fuel and ID1000 injectors ready to go. I am going to be on E85 around 800 hp. I am looking forward to some unsuspecting victims. :poke:

Like I said before. I, like a lot of other members are hoping those new IRS hold good because in your case expecting 800+ HP is no joke on IRS vs a nice Moser M9 or even a good 8.8.

Then again just by taking a 2015 vs 2014 on pure math or common sense, mod vs mod been the same on both cars, I still think the extra 80+ Lbs on the 2015 will be harder to push around.

:naughty1:

Last edited:

REDS197

Reaction score
Like I said before. I, like a lot of other members are hoping those new IRS hold good because in your case expecting 800+ HP is no joke on IRS vs a nice Moser M9 or even a good 8.8.

Then again just by taking a 2015 vs 2014 on pure math or common sense, mod vs mod been the same on both cars, I still think the extra 80+ Lbs on the 2015 will be harder to push around.

I agree about the 80 LBS. Mod for mod a 14 is going to be faster.

I am banking on the boss rods holding 100 more hp so I can run a couple more lbs of boost.
Ford racing has gone 1.53 on the new axles. If I can get a 1.47 it will get me to my goal of 9's at my track.
(DA in Denver is usually 7000FT on good days)

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
I agree about the 80 LBS. Mod for mod a 14 is going to be faster.

I am banking on the boss rods holding 100 more hp so I can run a couple more lbs of boost.
Ford racing has gone 1.53 on the new axles. If I can get a 1.47 it will get me to my goal of 9's at my track.
(DA in Denver is usually 7000FT on good days)

Ford doing 1.5 on those axles and stiky tires is impressive for real, is just a matter of how many 1.5 could those last vs a built 8.8.

I really would like to see a cobrajet IRS but I think they wouldn't go that route at that level of hp. Like I said we need to give time to see what those IRS are really capable.

REDS197

Reaction score
Info from Ford Racing on half shafts.

“We have been working on the halfshafts and bushings for several months so with that sorted out we were able to continue adding more grip with the tire. In the end, we were running slicks and launching at 5,000 rpm or more,” Jesse said

They better last !

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
Saw one Sunday at a dealer. I thought it was priced pretty good For everything it had. Rearview camera, rear park assist, Voice activated nav, line lock, heated and cooled seats, and 4 piston caliper with 14" rotors. Most of that stuff is standard on the premium . You can't even do all of them but put just the options you could on a 14' and it would cost just as much or more than that.

4e3a895168fda86c0dd2624475711650_zpsf6027f96.jpg

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score

There are tons of options in the low 30's also. There aren't many options for a brand new one in the mid 30's though. I just thought that a GT premium comes well equipped for a base of $36,100 that's all. Plus 80 extra pounds for free. Come on that a bargain right there. Lol

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Info from Ford Racing on half shafts.

“We have been working on the halfshafts and bushings for several months so with that sorted out we were able to continue adding more grip with the tire. In the end, we were running slicks and launching at 5,000 rpm or more,” Jesse said

They better last !

I hope they do, IRS hooking good sounds awesome. But I am such a skeptical person I need to see those at 6K+ RPM launch and last for a while to say that they are bad ass. Also the warrantee department, they promote or better said they show the 2015 on slick but what if anybody break that shit? I hope the dealers don't start givi shit to new owners about people drag racing and not wanting to cover later.

REDS197

Reaction score
The only problem is, there are a LOT of options for cars at a $40k price point.

I bought a base GT (300a) for $29900. It comes STANDARD with:

Better than Boss heads and Boss Rods
4 piston 14 inch front brakes
Track Apps
Reverse Camera
Sync
Power driver & passenger seat
Launch Control
Line Lock
Oil Cooler
Push Button Start
My Key
LED fog light

That is a lot of car for 30k and we all know what the 5.0 is capable of. I will take this minus the RECORD recalls all day!

Last edited:

REDS197

Reaction score
All those options add weight. Some of us dont want that shit.

The power seats are the only added weight.
This is 80 lbs over my 13.

Aftermarket exhaust saves 30 lbs. So I will live with 50 lbs increase.

Fuckin Blower is heavy too!!:beerdrink:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
OP, those side by side pics are pretty cool.

I do like the new S550...a lot! But just not enough to trade my '13 in on one. Maybe in a couple of years, I may look at the GT350 when it hits the streets, or maybe a used Z06 or 2013-14 Shelby, but right now, I'm pretty happy with what I have.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I still think the extra 80+ Lbs on the 2015 will be harder to push around.
A friend of mine is doing a S550 for SEMA/Ford right now. They have already stripped it down to the shell. He sent me pictures of all the sound insulation and seams sealer, etc. Ford went nuts! There is a lot more in there than the S197's. It looks like you can get that 80lb back real easy without turning it into a tin can.

And the rear cradle/subframe is pretty beefy. Watson is working on a tubular one right now that should save 40lb+, eliminate wheel hop and be stronger.

They are also working on a IRS rear end based on a 9" center section.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
A friend of mine is doing a S550 for SEMA/Ford right now. They have already stripped it down to the shell. He sent me pictures of all the sound insulation and seams sealer, etc. Ford went nuts! There is a lot more in there than the S197's. It looks like you can get that 80lb back real easy without turning it into a tin can.

And the rear cradle/subframe is pretty beefy. Watson is working on a tubular one right now that should save 40lb+, eliminate wheel hop and be stronger.

They are also working on a IRS rear end based on a 9" center section.

A 9" IRS beefed up will be sick for sure

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Op, put a 7 bar upper grille on your 2012, and it will look superb.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back