silly question

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
so i got p0153 code on my car, i know it's the o2 sensor i'm just not sure which one it is, and there is the silly questions which o2 sensor to change out.

chair

forum member
Reaction score
did you use a scanner? most of the time a scan tool will give you information like :

P0153: Oxygen Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank2, Sensor1)

,indicating the location of the sensor. but most likely that code is 1 of the 2 upstream sensors.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
bank1 = pass side. bank2 = drivers side. sensor 1 is front sensor. sensor 2 is rear sensor.

So it's driver's side, front sensor.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
As Pent said, front sensor on passenger side.

For future reference (as this applies to any manufacturer's engine) Bank 1 would be the side cylinder 1 is on with Bank 2 being the consequential opposite. Engines could have cylinder 1 in different areas, and while Ford has 1234 all on one side, GM motors, usually, keep the odd ones on one side, and even on the other.

When looking at the front of the engine, Sensor 1 would be the first sensor of that bank in the exhaust stream (pre-cat) and then Sesnor 2 (after cat). Also there can be 1 cat, or even 4 cats (Mach 1's had that much, and IIRC the Camaro's do too).

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Get a motorcraft sensor, if you're asking about which one to get. Someone should have the part number for you, or perhaps look it up. OEM ones seem to cause the least problems.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
Get a motorcraft sensor, if you're asking about which one to get. Someone should have the part number for you, or perhaps look it up. OEM ones seem to cause the least problems.

yeah i know bosch is garbage and the knock offs arent much cheaper. i just want to confirm thats the correct sensor the heated one

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I don't see any bad reviews about the Bosch other than fitment issues made by Ford on some vehicles.

Still NTK (NGK) would be fine. If it is the same case as the spark plugs, that is probably what Ford uses for their "Motorcraft" sensor, so the NTK route would save $$$ as well.

Heated O2 sensors essentially put the ECM into a closed loop faster (providing the other 3 are heated as well, and they probably are). More useful with short trips and fuel economy.

RockAuto will have the sensors, and the vendor section should have a discount code for them.

Last edited:

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
i know i bringing this back from the dead but i ordered a new o2 upstream sensor motocraft of course.

the code i got is "p0153 OX S CIR SLW RESP 2 S1"

now i dont have a driver side only a pas side and thats the only sensor i have other than my wb in my x pipe its offroad no cats.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back