Skwerl's New Hot Rod part 2

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I lucked into a deal, Doug. I had decided on the Roush mufflers and was going to buy them from AM, but at the last minute I checked the VMP website and discovered them listed there at the same price as AM. He's local and a friend so I called to give him the order. He said he had a set in stock with the Roush square tips that he would deal on, and I of course agreed.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
That's awesome!
I want to get some for my wife's Coyote.
Oooppppssss:)

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Today marks one month since buying the new car. I just made a list and I've spent over $3K on the car already. I need to slow down. Unfortunately in order to install the FRPP handling pack I just bought, I'll need some BMR items for the rear suspension first. Upper and lower control arms, relocation brackets and an adjustable panhard bar will be needed if I'm lowering the back by an inch. Looks like I'm making a road trip to Tampa next week.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Brian with the handling pack and the BMR pieces you are going to need more power to properly exercise the suspension. I recommend you go with the TVS now, why wait for six months? lol

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I made an executive decision today concerning my future plans for the CS. I've decided that drag racing is not going to be my primary goal. I want to focus more on a balance of power and handling (obviously) since having lots of power and not being able to handle very well didn't work out so well for me with the Bullitt.

Today I bought a Ford Racing M-FR3-MSVTA handling pack from Steve. It's designed for a gt500 so the front springs are designed to handle a slightly heavier engine but I believe it will be fine. If the front sits 1/4" higher than designed I'm ok with that. I don't want it slammed anyway.
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114661

M-FR3-MSVTA_zps7d2d2000.jpg

Lowering the car over an inch will most likely necessitate some BMR love for the rear suspension in order to correct the geometry so I'll have some traction. I want to have all my suspension upgrades complete before any power upgrades.

Do yourself a favour.....and buy the steeda heavy duty front strut mounts. Then you only have to take it all apart......once. Then you can adjust the camber. For street use, -1 deg works good. Install the new suspension + steeda strut mount..all in one shot.

On your 2014, the drop may not be very much per their notes. The BMR uca /lca / lca relocates, adj PHB + brace will solve your back end issues. You may well end up using the very top hole on the bmr lca relocates....if the rear drop is not very much.

I measured on a 2014, between center of wheel hub and top of wheel well. This is on a new, oem car, not lowered, still on the dealer's lot. 16" on the front...and 16.75" on the rear. (the 11-14 GT's are all like that).

The story I got was the 11-14 cars all come with wheel hop..oem. An eaton tru-trac will be better than oem..... but save that for another day. Rear axle catch can would be another good mod..along with a catch can for the eng.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Kelly at BMR and placed my order for a few items to go on along with the FRPP handling kit. I picked up the following:
CAB005 relocation brackets
PHR006 panhard bar
UCM002 upper control arm mount
UTCA032 upper control arm

I still have the solid billet lower control arms from my Bullitt so I will reuse those. Once I get all this installed I'll have it aligned and see just where the front end is. In fact I may also do it before the install just so I have a baseline. If I need substantial adjustment to get the front end back in line then I'll most likely go with another BMR K member and adjustable front A arms.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Be careful on the a arms. Search the epas shudder thread on here. Cant remember if applied to 12-14 cars but changing arms in 11's necessitates a change to the frpp rack that costs 1000 bux.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Just got back from BMR with a few goodies.

IMG_2809.jpg

edit: I just saw what looks like a nail in my tire. It's not a nail but a plastic bead from a kid's necklace. Whew!

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
you say ONLY a bead, darren would flip his shit if he saw that

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Decided to do a little cutting and grinding on my brand new BMR relocation brackets. The only thing I don't like about the BMR brackets is that they hang so damn low and the 3rd hole is too low for any practical use unless your car is completely slammed and you still want to drag race (doesn't make sense anyway). On the Bullitt I had UMI relocation brackets and kept them because they were welded in place. They only had two holes and that was more than enough. So here's what I did.

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg

IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2815.jpg

claudermilk

Reaction score
you say ONLY a bead, darren would flip his shit if he saw that
Yeah, but that could never happen since his tires never touch the dirty ground. :stir:

Decided to do a little cutting and grinding on my brand new BMR relocation brackets. The only thing I don't like about the BMR brackets is that they hang so damn low and the 3rd hole is too low for any practical use unless your car is completely slammed and you still want to drag race (doesn't make sense anyway). On the Bullitt I had UMI relocation brackets and kept them because they were welded in place. They only had two holes and that was more than enough.
LOL, so the "going to leave it stock" has rapidly degenerated into modding the mods. Nicely done though.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
I lucked into a deal, Doug. I. had decided on the Roush mufflers and was going to buy them from AM, but at the last minute I checked the VMP website and discovered them listed there at the same price as AM. He's local and a friend so I called to give him the order. He said he had a set in stock with the Roush square tips that he would deal on, and I of course agreed.
Brian,
I might have found some with the square tips myself.
where did you pick up the round Roush tips?. Thanks.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I can get the contact person for you, Justin ordered them directly from Roush and had them drop shipped to my house. At first I thought they were $45 for the pair but after they were ordered I discovered they were $45 each. If I had known that I might have looked around for another option on Amazon or something.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back