Slammed on 18s, post your pics!

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Not slammed, but lowered on Steeda Sport springs. Forgestar F14 18X10, 275/40/18 Conti Extreme Contact DWs. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics.

IMG_1823_zps73b69938.jpg

IMG_1820_zps4191df2c.jpg

IMG_1824_zps92e99449.jpg

Last edited:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Haha!

Trust me Mikey, I seriously thought about it. I just wanted a change. I had run black wheels for a few years now, and I wanted to go back to a machined finish. I just think it looks better on the GB.

FWIW, I can't believe someone hasn't snatched yours up by now. These wheels are freaking sweet. Pics don't do them justice. And they are so light, too.

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
Not slammed, but lowered on Steeda Sport springs. Forgestar C14 18X10, 275/40/18 Conti DWs. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics.

Hey, those wheels/tires look really familiar! ;)

They look great on your car. One of the nicest and lightest 18x10 wheel/tire setups you will find for our cars right there! (48lbs per side) How do you like the ride and feel of them?

Oh and just for the record they are F14's, not C14's:thumb2:

Last edited:

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Haha!

Trust me Mikey, I seriously thought about it. I just wanted a change. I had run black wheels for a few years now, and I wanted to go back to a machined finish. I just think it looks better on the GB.

FWIW, I can't believe someone hasn't snatched yours up by now. These wheels are freaking sweet. Pics don't do them justice. And they are so light, too.

I'm getting pretty annoyed lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I appreciate the compliments.

Kbreeze, love these wheels/tires man. Just sleep well knowing that they went to a good home! Lol

They ride soooo much better than my former 20" set up. And they were noticeably lighter than the 20s as well. Maybe its in my head, but the car does seem to respond better with the lighter set up. I am now a firm believer in "20s for show, 18s for go."

The only thing I don't like about the tires is their wet weather performance. I know they are DW summer tires, but I got caught in a storm a few days back, and these babies hydroplaned like a mother! Just have to be careful when driving in the rain.

Last edited:

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I appreciate the compliments.

Kbreeze, love these wheels/tires man. Just sleep well knowing that they went to a good home! Lol

They ride soooo much better than my former 20" set up. And they were noticeably lighter than the 20s as well. Maybe its in my head, but the car does seem to respond better with the lighter set up. I am now a firm believer in "20s for show, 18s for go."

Yup I told you they would. The car rides so nice with that setup. Even with my 19's it was a noticeable difference, I miss the ride quality of my old forgestar setup now, lol. But the 19's with the DWS aren't that bad tbh. And no its not in your head when I went from 20's to those 18's I noticed it the very first time I turned the wheel, you can clearly feel the difference all around, in turning, handling, acceleration and braking.

The only thing I don't like about the tires is their wet weather performance. I know they are DW summer tires, but I got caught in a storm a few days back, and these babies hydroplaned like a mother! Just have to be careful when driving in the rain.
Wow, I'm VERY surprised to hear that because those tires are known to be EXCELLENT in the wet (Just look at the reviews on tire rack and all over the net). I remember when I would drive in the rain with them it felt like it wasn't even raining! the wet traction was outstanding. never noticed any issues at all with hydroplaning either, but maybe it was just a really bad storm and you hit some deep water I don't know...I mean you do have wide tires on all 4 so that certainly plays into it, but still they are known to have great wet performance.

Last edited:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Yeah man, in fairness, it was a pretty heavy rain that I got caught in. And the roads near my subdivision have some noticeable "ruts" in the asphalt that tend to puddle up quickly when it rains. Plus these tires are 20mm wider than the ones I took off, so I think I just have to get used to the wider fronts as well. But like I said, overall, it has been a great set up thus far.

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Not slammed, but lowered on Steeda Sport springs. Forgestar F14 18X10, 275/40/18 Conti Extreme Contact DWs. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics.

IMG_1823_zps73b69938.jpg

IMG_1820_zps4191df2c.jpg

IMG_1824_zps92e99449.jpg

The ride just keeps getting better, Chip! Maybe it's just me but I didn't notice my ride quality suffering after going up to 20's from 18's. We just drove my car on vacation to Disney and the ride was good. I do have brand new tires all around and that did improve the ride over the rubber bands that were on there before.

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
I know I need new rims. But saving money for our new home. Ugly rims will have to do for now. I really want to get some bling in.
When I looked at them again, they aren't all that bad. I've seen much worse. And yeah a home is much more of a priority, I don't blame you.

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
The ride just keeps getting better, Chip! Maybe it's just me but I didn't notice my ride quality suffering after going up to 20's from 18's. We just drove my car on vacation to Disney and the ride was good. I do have brand new tires all around and that did improve the ride over the rubber bands that were on there before.

Tires definitely make a huge difference, both size and brand. For example Nitto Invo's ride beautifully. That's what I have on my 20" Boss 338's that I am selling. Also, I see you have a prokit in your signature but I don't see any aftermarket dampers. You should be some Koni Str.t's on your wish list, that makes a big difference too.

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Tires definitely make a huge difference, both size and brand. For example Nitto Invo's ride beautifully. That's what I have on my 20" Boss 338's that I am selling. Also, I see you have a prokit in your signature but I don't see any aftermarket dampers. You should be some Koni Str.t's on your wish list, that makes a big difference too.

Aftermarket dampers are on the short list for sure. When I had my wreck last year they replaced all of my dampers with new OEM so when they take a dump I will get upgraded aftermarket. I have ran the Koni Yellows and the KYB AGX on previous cars and they were great.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back