Slammed on 18s, post your pics!

stanglifemike

aka boostedbanana
Reaction score
You're alive! Haven't seen you post in a while.

What's up bro!! How ya been? It's been a while. I almost wasn't alive actually. May 22nd of 2012 I was in a bad wreck. Thought I was dead on the scene, then found a weak pulse. Jaws of life to get me out. Helicopter life flighted to the hospital. Doctors didn't expect me to live through the night. Coma for 8 days. No memory when I woke up. Couldn't do anything on my own. Finally started getting my memory back. Hospital for a month, everyone there was surprised at how well I was doing. Didn't have to go the the Shepherd Center for rehab like they had me scheduled for! Just had NO short term memory for a few months. Still no memory of the wreck or the hospital stay. I kept pulling out my feeding tube and IV, they finally had to stitch the IV to my arm.

Sent from my White Sprint Note 2 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

stanglifemike

aka boostedbanana
Reaction score
oh shit man, glad your ok.
any idea what happened?

Thanks man! No clue really. It was in a curve in the road, but where I ran off was half way through the curve. Doesn't make sense really. If I fell asleep I wouldn't have made any of the turn, but I made half of it. Also, I would think running off the road would have woken me up if I was asleep, but there were no brake marks an no signs of correcting the wheel. Also, it was around 2 in the afternoon, so I very seriously doubt I would have fallen asleep. Plus I've never fell asleep while driving in 16 years. No alcohol or drugs involved either. Cops asked my parents at the hospital (right after the wreck while my parents were already hysterical!) if they thought I was trying to commit suicide!! Definitely not!!!! Guess it might have looked that way though. They say I was going around 70mph, ran off the road, hit a fallen tree, went airborne, then hit a standing tree over 6 ft in the air! I'm very lucky to be alive . Definitely had a guardian angel watching over me! I'm feeling about 99% back to normal now. The Dr's are shocked at how well I am doing every time I go for a follow up! The first few months home from the hospital are still a blur, but other than that I've been great! On Disability till the end of this year too. Disability pay sucks, every month I get what I used to bring home in 1 week, but it's better than nothing!

EDIT : Sorry for the off topic replys guys! Just saw Jucostud and I know him from another Mustang forum as well as here, and hadn't talked to him in a LONG time!! Again, I apologize. Thanks

Last edited:

steve13gt

forum member
Reaction score
What size tire is that? Always wanted Saleens for my 04, maybe I'll put them on the 13
Eibach pro kit, with 18x8 in the front and 18x10 in the rear. I'll see if I can get some better pictures.

attachment.php

644603_10151585872090979_2103461408_n.jpg

644551_10151585869765979_329518873_n.jpg

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Thanks man! No clue really. It was in a curve in the road, but where I ran off was half way through the curve. Doesn't make sense really. If I fell asleep I wouldn't have made any of the turn, but I made half of it. Also, I would think running off the road would have woken me up if I was asleep, but there were no brake marks an no signs of correcting the wheel. Also, it was around 2 in the afternoon, so I very seriously doubt I would have fallen asleep. Plus I've never fell asleep while driving in 16 years. No alcohol or drugs involved either. Cops asked my parents at the hospital (right after the wreck while my parents were already hysterical!) if they thought I was trying to commit suicide!! Definitely not!!!! Guess it might have looked that way though. They say I was going around 70mph, ran off the road, hit a fallen tree, went airborne, then hit a standing tree over 6 ft in the air! I'm very lucky to be alive . Definitely had a guardian angel watching over me! I'm feeling about 99% back to normal now. The Dr's are shocked at how well I am doing every time I go for a follow up! The first few months home from the hospital are still a blur, but other than that I've been great! On Disability till the end of this year too. Disability pay sucks, every month I get what I used to bring home in 1 week, but it's better than nothing!

EDIT : Sorry for the off topic replys guys! Just saw Jucostud and I know him from another Mustang forum as well as here, and hadn't talked to him in a LONG time!! Again, I apologize. Thanks

That's crazy brother glad you're doing good!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

stanglifemike

aka boostedbanana
Reaction score
Wow! Glad your ok. I'm on my second 3v now, and putting a procharger on next week. No crazy life altering stories!

Wow! What happened to your first engine?

That's crazy brother glad you're doing good!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I appreciate it bro!

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Took a few more quick photos with the new 18" STR 609's. Really need to head downtown and take some decent 'location' shots. The wheels are starting to grow on me. Getting used to 18's after running 19's for a year.

1016073_10151483141819149_2041392893_n.jpg

1017654_10151483141814149_763818547_n.jpg

Stage1

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Ryan, the Roush wheels set that thing off. It definitely can pull off chrome very well!

I would never have done it without your help.. That photoshop of the wheels really helped. It seems we both got what we wanted in the end. So that makes things even better.. On that note it was a pleasure to meet with you.. :beer:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back