Slotted and Drilled rotors

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I have EBC slotted and dimpled rotors and pads. No noise at all. Amazon has them for a great price and free shipping.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I have Baer slotted and drilled, no noise over the oem blanks.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Honestly they are not recommended and mostly for looks.

I did it cuz Racecar!

claudermilk

Reaction score
I had PowerSlot slotted on my previous fun car and there was a slight additional noise, but nothing worth worrying about.

Not bothering with that on the current car--I'll stick with good blanks. Maybe, maybe look at the DBA slotted ones if Sky Render has good reviews after a while.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
how are you driving the car?

unless you get high quality rotors, the drilled set ups tend to crack at the holes. I had a set on the car when I bought it and replaced the rotors within a year or so.

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I've had a pair of older design DBA 4000 rotors on my GT for half a dozen track days and 2500 or so street miles. So far, so good, and I've not noticed any rotor noise. Occasional squeaking because track pads, sure.

From running grooved rotors a number of times previously, one thing that they seem to be good at is giving little bits of grit and dust a place to go besides trapped under the pads where they can and will cause screeching and rotor scoring. That could be a good enough reason all by itself to actively choose grooved rotors for purely street duty.

When I bought the DBAs I hadn't even been planning to be tracking the car, but when I got caught with Centrics that would no longer pass a fingernail test, on they went.

Norm

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
I don't really use them for what they are on there for, so I don't hear any noise from them in normal driving. When I really jump on them at high speed, they do roar a little.... but nothing concerning if you know to expect it a little. My experience anyway. Day to day I don't even notice them.

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
No. I have rotor pros slotted and drilled w/oem pads for about two yrs now--no issues.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back