SLP line lock problem

Kraftsman

forum member
Reaction score
I'm having a problem with the car stalling when I try to drive out of a burnout. This happened to me every time I used it last year. Anyone know what the problem is? I thought it could be the abs for safety or something.

sent from my Droid Incredible.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
so after you disengage and try to roll it out it bogs/stalls?

car you keeping your foot in the gas some?

what gear burnout?

my first thought it has nothing to do with the line lock

Kraftsman

forum member
Reaction score
It has never just bogged, it always stalls unless I keep my foot on the brake when I turn the switch off which defeats the purpose of line lock, but if I don't have my foot on the gas and just flip the switch from an idle it doesn't stall. I never let it shift past 3rd while doing a burnout.

JimC

Reaction score
I found that if I left my V6 in "D" and tried to roll out of the line locks it would stall also. But if I start in 1st and shift it up to 2 and 3 I could roll out without stalling it.

Haven't been able to figure out why it does in in D either.

Kraftsman

forum member
Reaction score
I found that if I left my V6 in "D" and tried to roll out of the line locks it would stall also. But if I start in 1st and shift it up to 2 and 3 I could roll out without stalling it.

Haven't been able to figure out why it does in in D either.

I'm sure someone here has an answer.

Mick Mach

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
try manuel shifting during the burnout. Im thinking if the shifter is left in "D" nad you roll out when its in 3rd and let off...the tranny may be shifting into 4th(wihout you knowing it) while the rpm coming back down so fast it could stall????

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are you seriously manualy shifting your auto into 3rd gear for a burnout, big no no!

Start the burnout in 1st and shift to second, finish the burnout, release the line lock and roll out in 2nd, then go back to D.

Its stalls because your mph is letting the car shift to 3/4 in D and your not actually going fast enough when it rolls out and the tires catch it stalls the car.

Last edited:

Mick Mach

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are you seriously manualy shifting your auto into 3rd gear for a burnout, big no no!

Start the burnout in 1st and shift to second, finish the burnout, release the line lock and roll out in 2nd, then go back to D.

Its stalls because your mph is letting the car shift to 3/4 in D and your not actually going fast enough when it rols out and the tires catch it stalls the car.

Ive only shifted to 3rd a few times in my burnouts.....these 5R55S dont like 3rd gear burnouts?

JimC

Reaction score
I usually roll out in 2nd - but sometimes trying to slide it up to 2nd it will go all the way to 3rd. Come to think of it though I've had it stall when I've been up to 3rd as well, probably for the reason given by Lightblade.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ive only shifted to 3rd a few times in my burnouts.....these 5R55S dont like 3rd gear burnouts?

Nope. A 3rd gear burnout is alot of stress on the 5r55 and a good way to break shit.

Start in 1st and get the wheels spinning then ease it into 2nd get it up to around 50mph and hold it there steady for a 3-4 seconds.

Last edited:

Mick Mach

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nope. A 3rd gear burnout is alot of stress on the 5r55 and a good way to break shit.

Start in 1st and get the wheels spinning then ease it into 2nd get it up to around 50mph and hold it there steady for a 3-4 seconds.

dont know how I can ease it into 2nd but Ill try :) no more 3rd gear deals though..Thanks!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
dont know how I can ease it into 2nd but Ill try :) no more 3rd gear deals though..Thanks!

It means kind of let off the gas a little as you manual shift to second. Once you get positive engagement then get back in the throttle and hold it at the mph you want and finish the burnout.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back