small issue with my foglights

SuperSonic05

forum member
Reaction score
DSCN1452.jpg

DSCN1450.jpg

The little sheath around the light bulbs has fallen off both of my fog lights. has anyone else experienced this? Is there any way of getting it out of the lamp? or am i going to have to buy two fog lamps?

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
Wow, that's a new one. I think you're screwed. Even if you could some how get them back into their original position, how would you secure them again?

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
It's the different bulbs. Ford screwed us over on that one, you have 2 options. Get them out with needle nose pliers and live with a few scratches, or by a pair and swap back to your stock bulbs. Don't ask me how I know...

ixtlan

Reaction score
I saw it on a customers car.
Your gonna hate this but here is the fix.
Remove the Grill from the car Totally remove it. Sux Huh....
Then you can get into the light housing with your finger and scribe and whatever else you can get in to manuver that bastard back into place.
After you get the hang of getting back in place.
Trust me it takes a bit of patence and practice.
Then put a little RTV on the light housing edge and pull the shield back into place.
Let the RTV dry.
Replace the bulbs and grill.
It blows and the lights are sealed.

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
I saw it on a customers car.
Then you can get into the light housing with your finger and scribe and whatever else you can get in to manuver that bastard back into place.
After you get the hang of getting back in place.
Trust me it takes a bit of patence and practice.
Then put a little RTV on the light housing edge and pull the shield back into place.
Let the RTV dry.
Replace the bulbs and grill.
It blows and the lights are sealed.

I actually tried this and they fell out later :thud: Hope it works out better for you! And what a PITA getting them back into place...

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
I was thinking that they would just fall out again. is there any way of getting them out of the lamp?

I replaced them, a friend of mine took a pair of needle nose pliers and got them out, just kept fold the bracket until it slid out. The sooner you do it the less torn up the fogs will get!

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
mine have been like that for 2 1/2 years and I just left them like that. I had some Blue bulbs in it when it happened also. I guess they get hotter than the factory bulbs.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

How does removing the grill suck? It takes maybe 5 minutes and that is if you are fucking off

ixtlan

Reaction score
As far as I know the customers car is still good to go.
The grill isn't a bid deal unless you've never done it before.
What sux is just the fact ya got to take it out.
Tell ya the truth they are pretty useless anyway (the shade or whatever they call em).
I converted mine to Driving beams (see DIY) because I found them as fogs pretty worthless.
One of these days I want to just change them out to a set of Real Driving lights.
Reach and burn the corneas type ;).

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
mine have been like that for 2 1/2 years and I just left them like that. I had some Blue bulbs in it when it happened also. I guess they get hotter than the factory bulbs.
+1 on that. Hell, I even have had issues with the aftermarket angel eye fog lights. I gave up completely and have decided that I am going fogless when the time comes.

Good luck though.

RRRoamer

Reaction score
I converted mine to Driving beams (see DIY) because I found them as fogs pretty worthless.
One of these days I want to just change them out to a set of Real Driving lights.
Reach and burn the corneas type ;).

Same here. I currently have the Euro 7" Golf driving lights in there with 80/100w bulbs. They DEFINITELY light up the night when you are out in the boondocks of New Mexico at night.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back