Smoke Til Warm Up HELP- VIDEO

twilson1918

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been noticing alot of smoke at start-up especially after sitting overnight etc. Doesnt start right away and once it gets warmed up it stops, my coolant level is low (no leaking on the ground). Just had my oil changed last year before putting it away for winter with royal purple full synthetic by a reputable shop, the one concern I had they asked me if I had an oil cooler due to the fact the car took more than the recommend amount. They didnt mention anything to me about the oil looking like chocolate milk. The coolant doesnt appear to have any oil in it, and im assuming the metal shavings are from my water pump (hopefully).
And adding green coolant to green coolant should be ok right? Just dont mix colors? I have so all make and model coolant in the garage im assuming i used to fill it up. Might go grab some prestone 50/50.
Any help will be appreciated, who does leak down tests and compression test (I dont have an air compresser for leakdown). I've searched the hell out of this and most peoples its obviously condensation. I highly doubt mine is this case. Thanks.

Temperature outside in the video was about 50 degrees.
The embedding didnt work but I dont feel like messing with it, terrible quality videos to im gona try and get one with an actual camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyAekF-26jo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBleMylZsSU

OneQwkStang

Improving the Breed
Reaction score
Does the exhaust smell sweet, is your engine running hotter than normal? Might have a head gasket leak.

twilson1918

forum member
Reaction score
No smells, not antifreeze or oil. Actually it may just be an ass load of condensation. Once it warms up the tail pipes dry out. No more smoke. My car only makes 420 ft lbs, rods should hold.... Hopefully

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Smoke can go away after the cats heat up. Compression test warranted. Valve guides a posibility.

twilson1918

forum member
Reaction score
I have metallic cats, I would think If was a valve guide it would be smoking right at startup. Not take a minute to for it to start smoking. If it is condensation I don't know how that much would be accumulating my car is garaged throughout all seasons.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back