SMS red butterfly hood might be sent back

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
well, i have the sms red butterfly hood as you fellows know, and i ordered it in december of last year, and got it in the beginning of january. Well.. after several weeks of waiting for my heat extractor vents and red butterfly flaps, i call today, and this is what the lady on the phone says

Lady- "Yea, sorry Andrew, We have no idea when the flaps will be in, we are currently having problems with our vendor since we dont have a partnership with Techco anymore"

Me- "Well ive waited almost four months for these flaps and i need them in order to use the hood, which id like to. It has been sitting in the garage the entire time. Id like to use this hood, and i have a show in the end of April and id like to have the hood on and functional by then"

lady- "well call back next week and if it isnt in by then, i dont think you'll have the flaps in time for that show."

Now im tired of waiting... id like to use my new hood. So if it isnt in by the end of next week and shipping the following monday. Im calling them, and im telling them that Im shipping it back and i want a full refund

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Why did you willingly buy an incomplete hood though? I wouldn't have paid THAT much for a hood, that didn't have all the parts. It's like buying a supercharger, with no pulley.

Hope things work out for ya.

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
i DID buy it with all the parts. They sent me my hood without the flaps and told me the flaps would be here SOON. HAHA yea right.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why don't they just send you the specs for the butterflies, plus a partial refund and you have them CNCd locally. It's a thought.. Heck, I may be able to get one of the guys in the shop to make them... If the price is right, the deal is real..

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
they said they will refund me for the flaps, but i NEED the heat extractor vents, im still missing those. but if they refund me for the flaps, ill see if someone can make them, and they need to be functional

Forward Performance

Reaction score

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Where did you buy the hood? I have a Techco Watt's link and I hope that nothing goes wrong with it since they are history. G/L with getting it sorted out because that is a bitch'in hood.

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
i bought it from SMS directly 2 months before they stopped selling the flaps. People who ordered the hood with flaps before 2010 will still recieve the flaps

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back