Snow Performance 50/50 Methanol Injection

maldoj2

Reaction score
what a/f reading do i need with a Snow Performance 50/50 Methanol Injection

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
what a/f reading do i need with a Snow Performance 50/50 Methanol Injection

There are a few different schools of thought on this. One is to tune the motor without meth and not adjust the fuel tables to account for the meth. You can still add spark but some don't do that either.

The other way is to tune with the meth spraying and adjust the fuel table lambda to account for the extra fuel that is being sprayed in the form of meth.

I'd just add it after the tune was finalized and not be concerned about the wideband reading fat.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
50/50 i see about .5 drop in a/f. i didnt make any tune chages for the meth. didnt pick up any power....just use it when i go above 15psi for cheap insurance.

50/50 you dont really need to tune for it, your not going to pick up much if anything power wise.....if you ever go to 100 then you will need to make tune changes for sure to get the benifits.....just make sure the system is 100% rock solid because if it ever fails, and the tune is depending on it.....the motor will pop.

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
I was tuned for 15lbs on my last update. I made no tune changes, but added a 50/50 meth kit. My A/F dropped .8 but i think my nozzles might be too big.

While I did not tune for it or add timing, i have been able to drop to an 18lb pulley with the hope of countering the heat.

I might consider doing more 70 water / 30 meth mix. You should probably determine what you want the meth to do - add power, or use as a safeguard.

Fish05

Reaction score
50/50 i see about .5 drop in a/f. i didnt make any tune chages for the meth. didnt pick up any power....just use it when i go above 15psi for cheap insurance.

50/50 you dont really need to tune for it, your not going to pick up much if anything power wise.....if you ever go to 100 then you will need to make tune changes for sure to get the benifits.....just make sure the system is 100% rock solid because if it ever fails, and the tune is depending on it.....the motor will pop.

Are these kits known for failing?

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
Are these kits known for failing?

No...but there are many areas that can "Fail":

• Run out of fluid
  • Fluid pump failure
  • nozzles clogged, full or partial
Guys that tune "for power" usually have a fail-safe system installed to prevent damage if any of the first two occur. As far as nozzles go, you just have to check / clean them regularly.

A wide-band with an alert light can also provide an early warning of impending issues (such as an Aeroforce with wideband accessory) - to identify a lean condition during boost.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back