Snowmobilers?

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure how many of you are up here in the Great White North, but if you are, post up what/where you ride.....

I ride a 2007 Polaris IQ600 Cleanfire and the wifey has my previous sled, a 2005 Polaris 600 XCSP. We recently moved to a house that we can snowmobile from, as in we can ride to almost anywhere in the northern MN area directly from our house. We're really enjoying it. I've been riding off and on for 20 years or so (I'm 32), and the wife has recently taken up the hobby as well. My in-laws have a cabin farther north in MN that we occasionally trailer our sleds to and ride around there as well.

bigastrk

Reaction score
Snow shovel....... I used to have a ski-doo summit x 800 converted from 144 to a 151. That things was a beast but now is gone so all I get is the snow shovel. Oh and the mustang if that counts cause its a sled if you have to move it in the snow without snow tires.

STORMEASTON

forum member
Reaction score
My wife is the snowmobile nut in the family, she has a 2008 Polaris 600 Dragon! I have a 2000 600 XC Indy :tdown: we also can get to any trail from our house which is really nice but we have trailered them to locations in WI. Last week was terrible, it got real warm and rained for a couple days so our trails are pretty much shot. All the lakes and streams have standing water on them so they closed the trails around here. We would have to go 50 miles north to ride this weekend but hey, the Daytona 500 is on so no way!

TGJ

forum member
Reaction score
I try to get out to Revelstoke, British Columbia and Hudson Bay, Saskatchewan once a season. Haven't had a chance this yet. When I am in the mountains, I borrow a Summit 800. My personal sled is a 2008 Ski-doo Renegade 800X.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I was a sled junkie and rode a 03 skidoo rev 600 ho with about every mod possible including AD Boivin Expert X suspension, but sold it last year. I've got the 4 stroke bug, so my next sled will be a yamaha Nytro FX, but I have to wait to get my neck fixed before I jump back into sledding. I do miss it!

TGJ

forum member
Reaction score
I was a sled junkie and rode a 03 skidoo rev 600 ho with about every mod possible including AD Boivin Expert X suspension, but sold it last year. I've got the 4 stroke bug, so my next sled will be a yamaha Nytro FX, but I have to wait to get my neck fixed before I jump back into sledding. I do miss it!

For the 2008 Model year, Ski-doo released a 4 Stroke performance sled. It will run and hide from anything Yamaha has out currently...

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
For the 2008 Model year, Ski-doo released a 4 Stroke performance sled. It will run and hide from anything Yamaha has out currently...
Yeah, i'm done with ski-doo. I got hit head on and my 03 rev folded up like a piece of tin foil. My next sled will be a yamaha nytro fx or rtx. :thumb:

FOCBoss

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Up here in the cold north with the mosquitos.
I've been sledding for about 15 years. You gotta do something in the winter up here(6 months of the year). The yamaha dealership up here is really good, so I've stuck with them. Love the new 4 stroke power, no smoking in the shop, no mixing or adding oil, just turn the key and go. Bought a new Apex last winter and really love the up right style of riding(just like riding my YZ450F), and the wife rides my old 2000 Mountain Max. And if I get bored of the power it's only a turbo away from insane.

mattsimonton

Reaction score
I just moved up to the Final Frontier and Im sure Ill have my time on a sled. But like BigasTruk, the mustang will be fun enough to drive in the winter.

brett2008

forum member
Reaction score
I had a new 496 safari in 89 to 92....But ide luv to build a drag sled...for the winter..a few guys at the valley run awsome times w/wheels in front..

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
I ride a Polaris RMK 700 with a 155 track and just about every SLP part on it. I also have a Polaris Thundercat 1000 that the wife and I tour on.

brett2008

forum member
Reaction score
Always wanted to build a drag sled for winter...I watch the guys at the drag strip between rounds...they do awsome times on pavement...wish i had my camara yest..aguy had one w/extented frame.... cool ride...

Wicked Pissah

forum member
Reaction score
here is a pic from last year , we buckled into our snowboards, and had a water ski rope tied to the back of the F7. funnest shit i have ever done!

Attachments

• F7.jpg
    F7.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 6

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
I have so many places near that I could go but just dont have the extra cash. I rode a Dragon 800 and it was just pure badass

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
about the only thing I do lately in the winter is ice fish "drink heavily". your missing out alloy6ix

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
about the only thing I do lately in the winter is ice fish "drink heavily". your missing out alloy6ix

I can do the drink heavily part, just not the ice fishing. lol. I can however fish at somewhat "illegal" spots, perks of having worked at a wildlife refuge for two years. Haha. But no BS, I'd love to ice fish. Any difference from regular fishing other that it being balls to the wall cold?

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Yea your just stuck in a heated shed. Wait now that I think about it why do I do it?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back