So, it's official... Allow me to "introduce" myself.

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
That's what is says under my name..... Official Site Vendor. :)

As such and for those that don't know me allow me to introduce myself and tell you a little bit about who I am and what I do.

I'm 36, I live in Western PA. I have a total of 12 various SCCA National Championships to my name (6 Nationals, 5 ProSolo Series Class, and 1 ProSolo Series Overall). I am proof positive that folks can not only learn to drive, but learn about cars and setting them up to make them work. I also setup cars for others that have won multiple National Champsionships.

I am 36 years old, not some kid who's all wet behind the ears. I'm an autocrosser. It's a sport many can relate to, and is a very pure form of handling. Personally I like the idea of having to get with it *right now* on different courses. I like that the surfaces and road speeds are similar to what most folks drive everyday. I like that I can use what I learn there an apply it to workable street setups (and know that good street cars are competitive in the realm). I like it when the guy without a clue but more power can't just walk you on straights like happens on a road course. :) Don't get me wrong, I like tracks too..... But I feel I learn more and work much harder autoxing. And more than anything, it applies to everything. Balance is balance no matter where it is (street, autox, race track). There are subtle differences, for instance cars will tend to loosen up as speeds rise which meant some setup tweaks might result on a track car....

I also am an instructor and teach folks how to drive. I've been contacted by engineers at both Ford and GM to ask my opinion about various things pertaining to setup on pony-cars which is very flattering. I've been on the cover a few magazines too.

We've been in business since 1969 (not with me in charge though, I wasn't born). I have a real building, I don't work from my kitchen table. I do all my own setups, and have a few of my own parts designed and built to fit what I felt was necessary. I don't like to do what's been done, so if a part is out there and works right--I won't reinvent it. I only do things that I think I can improve on. I don't copy.

I am an independent shop owner. While I am a Steeda WD, a Maximum Motorsports dealer, and really prefer Koni shocks, I am not married to any of those products and chose to offer other items as well. I do this for a few reasons. #1 I like folks to know that when I make a recommendation it's not because I can't offer something else--but that it's what I think is best. Some other vendors don't have the ability to offer you choices because they don't have other product lines. #2 carrying a number of lines allows me to pick and choose the more appropriate parts for each customer. The downside is I tend to not get the big quantity discounts from my suppliers---the idea there is they "lock me in" which means you get "locked in" too. I hate that. I try very hard to be price competitive with all the major players, but because I miss the big discounts by picking and choosing my parts according to the situation I won't always have the best prices. I know that, but I will always, ALWAYS do my best to be price competitive, and will make it up with good sound technical help and advice you can rely on---based on the fact I've got proven results.

Last edited:

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome! great to have your expert posting AND a vendor! Double wammy

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome as a vendor. I think I bought some D-specs off of you a while back.

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
awesome... Glad your here!
Can't wait for the first deal!

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmmm........squidd?????? (inside joke)

Welcome! Always good to have more expertise on the forum. Cause Lord knows I always have questions.

kdesigns

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome!

And let me know if you need any help with your advertising/marketing program...

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
THE MAN to help you promote your name^^^^

And Welcome!!!! You're full of useful knowledge and appreciate you becoming a SV on here! Glad to have you man! :beer:

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmmm........squidd?????? (inside joke)

Welcome! Always good to have more expertise on the forum. Cause Lord knows I always have questions.

LMAO Laura, that was my first thought too. (and it is a joke Sam, so don't take offense)

Welcome Sam. Racers are always welcome here, regardless of the venue. Good luck with your sales.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What took you so long Sam. Welcome and for those that don't know Sam, he is without a doubt the most honest person you can talk with about suspension and driving around corners.

Earl

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back