Sold the Shelby....bought another Shelby! 2012 GT500 build thread!

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
TGR96--If I were to go with a 2013 5.0, I like your color combo with the black wheels and accents. Looks great.

Thanks bud! That means a lot coming from you. Love your ride as well. That thing is mean as all get out. :evillaugh:

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Can't wait to see that matte purple wrap you're going to put on it! Lol! Jk! Car looks great and cleans up nicely!

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
nice-looking car!

What'd they do, tuck it right behind the tractor's tires?! All of that grit on that black car!

Did she clean up OK?

It sat outside for a few weeks at an auction before being picked up! She's all clean now!

Love it. I'd have one optioned out the exact same.

Thanks! The options are what got my attention! I couldn't imagine one without the NAV!

Sweet ride thought you were going diffrent direction, glad you kept it in the family though

I thought I was too! I was ready to pull the trigger on a C6 Z06 just before I ran across this deal!

Love it....other than it being black. I hate keeping mine clean.

Same here! I wish it was white or grabber blue, but I can't complain with the deal I got!

Looks like it has just about every option. Does it have a glass roof? Very nice, from what I read in your previous threads this wont stay stock long. :)

It does not have a glass roof, that is one of the options I would've liked, but didn't HAVE to have. I had to have the NAV and recaros.

you had it shipped on a open trailer? :thud:

congrats on the new ride

Yes I did, it was on a truck with 6 other cars. I wasn't about to spend $2,000 to ship it halfway across the country.

If I had that car, my build plan would be as follows:

1. Put gas in it
2. Drive it!

Perfect as it is! Great looking ride. Congrats.

Thanks man! I'm not changing anything as of now. It does need about 200 more HP though!

Nice!

I would love to have a 2012 GT500 or a Boss 302. 2013 GT500 way out of my price range.

TGR96--If I were to go with a 2013 5.0, I like your color combo with the black wheels and accents. Looks great.

I wanted a 2013 but couldn't see spending that much on a Mustang.

Subb'd! I was commenting on instagram to put up more pictures. This car looks great Adbdulla! I can't wait to see what you do with it. Stripe delete/Recaro's FTMFW!

Thanks man! It'll be a while before I get into any serious modding, as my money is GONE after this.

I need to make myself a build thread. Maybe I'll make one today....

Nice, you gonna wrap it?

Matte Pink would look nice! I don't think I'll ever have a car wrapped again.

Very nice! Can't wait to see that matte purple wrap you're going to put on it! Lol! Jk! Car looks great and cleans up nicely!

Thanks man!

Congratulations, looks fantastic!

Thank you sir!

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Abdulla would you expand on why you wouldn't ever do a car wrap again? The thought of doing one has always been in the back of my head and with some solid experience from someone else I'd love to but that thought to rest.

keoni1984

Homicidal
Reaction score
somuchwin_zps88655983.jpg

08GTCA

forum member
Reaction score
Sweet Shelby. Congratulations. I wish i could afford to get into a Shelby.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Damm... nice car!

Thanks man!

Hey Abdulla would you expand on why you wouldn't ever do a car wrap again? The thought of doing one has always been in the back of my head and with some solid experience from someone else I'd love to but that thought to rest.

It's nothing against the actual wrap, or having it on the car. But the entire process of installing and removing it that is a HUGE turnoff for me. To have it done right you need to have it stripped down. Bumpers, mirrors, door handles(door panels), emblems, rocker panels(new clips needed), antennas, etc all need to come off for install, then removed again when you decide to pull it off. Plus a bit of the paint on the door handles came off along with the wrap. It's just a huge headache if you ever decide to take it back off. Other than that it is a bit of a pain keeping it clean, especially with a bright color. Dirt sticks to much more than it would to paint. I guess I'm not COMPLETELY against wrapping a car, but I don't think it's worth it unless you REALLY want a certain color and stick with it. I change my mind often though, as you can see.

Very nice Abdulla!! Moving on up!

Thank you sir!

Sold old Shelby....bought new Shelby..........

Fuckin win! Nice ride.

Haha, thanks man!

Hahahaha :clap:

Sweet Shelby. Congratulations. I wish i could afford to get into a Shelby.

Thanks man! After factoring in how much I spent on my 06 GT, I realized I could've had a Shelby and parted it out to buy my 08 GT500 and had a little bit left over. After spending so much on that one I realized I could have a newer one with just a little more cash on top.

Congrats on the new car, it looks good!

Thanks man! I'm not sure where I'll start with mods, I'm going to save up for a bit and maybe I can jump into a blower swap!

itsslow

forum member
Reaction score
Screw a blower swap, 400 shot of laughing gas FTW!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back