Some nice pics/vids from the track (EIRT) last night!

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Had an awesome time last night at the track. It had been about three months since my last outing due to this extremely hot weather. It was still hot and humid last night, but it was bearable. Met some new friends and finally got to meet "Bullett" in person. Great guy to talk to and man does that car look gorgeous in person. My buddy recently bought a Nikon D90 and wanted to practice using his new massive camera and this was the result. I think they came out pretty good. Hope you like it.

This is upon arriving...
DSC_0006.jpg

Shot of the heart of the beast...
DSC_0008.jpg

Me changing out the tires... I really hate this part!!
DSC_0051.jpg

Shot of the racestars... can't wait to slap some 28s on the rear!
DSC_0009.jpg

In the staging lanes waiting to pounce...
DSC_0035.jpg

Getting ready to light em up...
DSC_0024.jpg

Tires hot and ready...
DSC_0027.jpg

My friends f250 (has a massive turbo in it that whistles like crazy) and his kayak at the track, lol. I tried convincing him to make a pass down the 1320 kayak and all, told him I would even ride in the kayak while he does it, but he didn't like the idea, lol.
DSC_0017.jpg

Here is one of the first races of the night, my shifting sucked hardcore and the 1-2 synchro has seen better days, but here it is nonetheless...Race was against a friend I made there, he didn't say what he had other than nitrous...

My friend wasn't ready to catch this pass, so it's a little cut off... Improved my shifting and got some better grip on this one. Raced my buddys fox with nitrous again... this time his dash went out mid run... must have been a scary situation, haha.

My favorite run of the night... against a slomaro, which made it all the merrier :beerdrink:

Hope you guys enjoyed the footage! I can't wait for this freakin hot humid weather to go away within the next couple of months.

Last edited:

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Well written , great pics , loved the vids .
I get sick of all the kill-threads posted and no vids .
I miss the track and hopefully will have the stang running soon .

abarker8541

forum member
Reaction score
shits real down there. lol. im not even from texas, just wanted to say that. dont shoot me texans.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
what size are you racestars and tires? What did the car 60' on that last pass?

Fronts are 15x3.75 w/26X4.5-15 ET Fronts Rears are 15x10s w/26X11.5-15 ET Streets. The 60ft on the last pass was a 1.630... if they ever would freakin prep the track correctly, mayyyybe I could get it down to a 1.60... I'm just going to have to get some 28"s and 4.56s.

Brad did that slomaro beat you?

If you meant me, then the answer is no :evillaugh: I only won due to my reaction time, that slomaro had some good power to it and was definately catching up to me. It was a fun race.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Fronts are 15x3.75 w/26X4.5-15 ET Fronts Rears are 15x10s w/26X11.5-15 ET Streets. The 60ft on the last pass was a 1.630... if they ever would freakin prep the track correctly, mayyyybe I could get it down to a 1.60... I'm just going to have to get some 28"s and 4.56s.

If you meant me, then the answer is no :evillaugh: I only won due to my reaction time, that slomaro had some good power to it and was definately catching up to me. It was a fun race.

oh ok....are you still running the stock rear end? Or have you upgraded the Diff and the axles?

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
oh ok....are you still running the stock rear end? Or have you upgraded the Diff and the axles?

Yup, stock diff and axles... The only thing I've added is a LPW cover and carbon clutches. I added the clutches in at around the 35k mile point and currently have 84k on it. It's taken the track abuse quite well and still locks up as it should. I do plan on upgrading to a trutrac whenever I slap those 4.56s in there though.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Yup, stock diff and axles... The only thing I've added is a LPW cover and carbon clutches. I added the clutches in at around the 35k mile point and currently have 84k on it. It's taken the track abuse quite well and still locks up as it should. I do plan on upgrading to a trutrac whenever I slap those 4.56s in there though.

Ok....Im gonna messing around NA for awhile and was curious to how much abuse these stock rear ends can handle. I also plan on upgrading gears, differential, and axles over the winter. Just want to make sure the car is going to hold up for the rest of track season.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Ok....Im gonna messing around NA for awhile and was curious to how much abuse these stock rear ends can handle. I also plan on upgrading gears, differential, and axles over the winter. Just want to make sure the car is going to hold up for the rest of track season.

If your sticking NA I really wouldn't worry about breaking anything *knock on wood*... I personally haven't had a problem and I've been dumping it at the track at 6k for well over 100 passes now. You should be good to go. When you upgrade those components like you said then you really will be golden. :beerdrink:

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
If your sticking NA I really wouldn't worry about breaking anything *knock on wood*... I personally haven't had a problem and I've been dumping it at the track at 6k for well over 100 passes now. You should be good to go. When you upgrade those components like you said then you really will be golden. :beerdrink:

good to hear thanks for the input.:beerdrink:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back