Some pics of Ruby by the beach with rough weather

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
The other day, we had some MASSIVE winds here in the Panhandle. Waves were measured as high as 12' close to shore. I have some other pictures I'll post in another thread of just the water in the Gulf. It was crazy cool, but kinda sucked when a wave that was about 10' 100 meters off shore turned into a 3' wave that rolled up to where I was standing. Nothing important got wet, but I was one cold mofrackie until I got back in the car! LOL!

Here's the pics! Let me know which one(s) are your favorite. These were taken with my iPhone 4S using various settings. Cell phone photography has come a LONG way! The last five were taken using the iPhone's "HDR" setting.

Ruby11.jpg

Ruby10.jpg

Ruby1.jpg

FavRuby.jpg

FavRuby1.jpg

FavRuby1-3.jpg

FavRuby1-2.jpg

FavRuby1-1.jpg

Ruby13.jpg

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
5 & 9 are my favorite ones. Ride looks awesome. Makes me wish I had moved to the coast several years ago when I wasn't as settled.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Thanks folks!

Next time I'm out, I'll take some pictures with my D90 on the tripod and do some real HDR shots. The ones I took with the iPhone just wouldn't merge due to the picture angle being different. Even a small difference in angle will prevent my software from merging the pictures.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Tom, very nice... oddly enough I think I like the last one the best. The fading light really sets off the lines of the car. As always, car looks great!

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Wtf?!!! I never messed with the camera on my 4s enough to see we had a HDR setting like that! Glad I opened your thread here. I'll take a few shots of the car tomorrow once it's washed to try it out also!

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great looking pictures Tom! Especially using the iPhone.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Great looking pictures Tom! Especially using the iPhone.

Thanks Nick! I need to call you some time and catch up. I'm still really interested in that idea you had.

Looks awesome.....Love the dark clouds in the back ground....and car looks pure :drool::drool::drool:

Thanks man! I had to hurry up and take the pictures. The bottom let out about five seconds after I got in the car.

Looks really good.
I stopped using hdr setting cuz it blurs the lines. If u look close u can see it. But ur car is really nice.

Thanks. It's hard to hold such a small camera completely still. Which is why you get the blurring. I'm going to try it with a tripod and see what happens. Still, for a PHONE, I think it's rather exceptional.

Nice pics, car looks great as always....

Thanks man!

Shot #5 is money!

That's my favorite of the group as well!

Great pics mate! :thumb2:

Thanks brother! Wait until next week. I've found a new place to take some pictures and I'm going to get some HDR shots through my D90.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back