Some updateing on the Alloy Droptop(pictures) **DUW**

droptop07

forum member
Reaction score
Well since my CEO(Mrs) wont let me do any major motor mods to make vert quicker I have to do something to it, before I go crazy. So I am doing appearance items to it..
I added GT500 Brembo brake, w/ drilled and slotted rotors, 2010 GT500 rims, roush leveling springs for the rear, and an elaenor grill. Bad thing is now, I think I need to drop the front, but dont like what the aftermarket srings offer for lowering it. I would like 3/4 to 1" drop to take up the gap some, not looking to slam car.

Got the rear slotted & drilled rotors in route and should be here hopefully tomorrow and I can get them painted up and installed.
Here are a couple before and after pics,,

What ya think??

BEFORE-- when I 1st got it..
DSC09747.jpg

DSC09745.jpg

DSC09783.jpg

NOW--After yesterday wrench time---
07noline.jpg

DSC09860.jpg

DSC09841.jpg

DSC09844.jpg

DSC09854.jpg

DSC09813.jpg

Alter Ego Trip

Pot Stirring Aficianado
Reaction score
Much better. If you're looking for a spring with a minor drop, check out H&R. They offer an OE sport spring which provides a 3/4" drop. I'm getting ready to install a set in my car. I didn't dare go any lower with my Cervinis kit.

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
It looks better now, but it looked pretty good at first too. Did your car come with 2010 gt wheels?

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great! Are those the 18in wheels? What size tires? I had the same spring set-up on mine for a while (Roush rear springs/stock fronts), but after installing the supercharger the rake just did not look right. So I swapped out the rears with the CJs and sits perfect.

I am seriously considering the '10 18in GT500 wheels for my car and think these pictures sealed the deal for me along with the very reasonable cost ($137 ea).

This is the money shot and reminds me why I really like Alloy :beer:
07noline.jpg

Last edited:

droptop07

forum member
Reaction score
Alter Ego Trip, when you intall the H&R's will you post up? Would like to see those.

Looks great! Are those the 18in wheels? What size tires? I had the same spring set-up on mine for a while (Roush rear springs/stock fronts), but after installing the supercharger the rake just did not look right. So I swapped out the rears with the CJs and sits perfect.

I am seriously considering the '10 18in GT500 wheels for my car and think these pictures sealed the deal for me along with the very reasonable cost ($137 ea).

This is the money shot and reminds me why I really like Alloy :beer:

Yea these are the 18" Gt500's off a 2010 convertible. I wanted the machined face, and the 19" dont have it.

The color is reason I bought this car. Knew I wanted it when seller opened the garage door. And once all the mechanical items checked out made offer.

It looks better now, but it looked pretty good at first too. Did your car come with 2010 gt wheels?

Yea the 2010 GT rims were on it when I bought it. Guy I got it from put thise one bout 6mo's before I bought car. They did look realy good on there. Might put them on my sons 88 T-bird sport.

looks good! brembos are awesome. What rotors did you go with? A drop will do wonders for your look :)

I got them off ebay. Bought the caliper & rear springs off here. The rotors came with frotn and rear set and pads for both also. really only needed fronts, but wanted the rers to match so bought set of 4.

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
Hey man, I am glad to see you joined on here too.(I am TruBlu03 on xfoa.net). Like I said over there, the wheels look great with the color of your Stang. But, I would definitely drop the front about 1/2-3/4".

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back