Something Different....

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if any of you are motorcyclists on this forum or not but recently I picked up something kind of cool and thought I'd share.

It's a 1981 CB900F that has 1982 CB750F panels, tank, and rear fairing with a 1983 CB1100F motor that has a Wiseco 1123cc high compression piston set installed. For an early 80's bike it hauls ass!! Stock hp on the 1100F motor was 108.

Currently planning on installing a megasquirt and converting it to EFI. :clap:

eddieval5

forum member
Reaction score
Dont know much about bikes but thats a good looking one! Is that the original paint on it?

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
Word of caution: safety wire all head and case bolts, watch the clutch cover and header bolts. Also keep everything together with semi permanent loc-tight. I have had a few in my day. Keep the rubber down and have a blast.

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
Dont know much about bikes but thats a good looking one! Is that the original paint on it?

To my knowledge it is original paint. The clear is coming off in some places and it has some chipped spots. It needs resprayed.

Word of caution: safety wire all head and case bolts, watch the clutch cover and header bolts. Also keep everything together with semi permanent loc-tight. I have had a few in my day. Keep the rubber down and have a blast.

I'll keep that in mind. The previous owner did a wonderful job of getting it to where it is now. It hadn't run in 7 years when I picked it up. All it needed was a carb cleaning and a new started. Runs like a champ. The high compression does a little work on the starter though. It doesn't like turning the engine over. The starter is essentially a 700 starter with a bearing in the ass end to help with wear. It's the exact same as used on the 900 as well. When they built the 1100 motor they just used that starter. It's just not strong enough for the 1100 much less an 1100 high compression.

Back