Sound Ordnance B-8p Installed 11' w/ shaker 500

sleepy88

forum member
Reaction score
I was unhappy with the low end of my 2011 gt's shaker 500 system. I had looked around trying to find a sub to add on that would not take up the entire trunk. I looked at the stealth box but did not want to spend that much money considering this is not my daily car. I also looked into the Infinity Basslink. I was going to give the Basslink a try until I came across the Sound Ordnance B-8p. Its an amplified 8" sub in a bandpass box. At the time there was about 120 reviews on this sub and all of them were good. I paid $130 with shipping and crutfield also through in a free wiring kit! I figured, how could I go wrong at this price. This setup provided the low end I was missing. Its not the loudest and wont shake your neighbors house, but I wasnt looking to do that. Like most bandpass setups the bass is good, but not as tight as a sealed box. Again, if your looking for the best quality you will have to spend quite a bit more money and may want to go custom built. But if your just looking for a little more low end, this is a good option!

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8P/Sound-Ordnance-B-8P.html?tp=114

For anyone intimidated by doing an upgrade like this, It took me about 2 hours to complete. Here is a quick run down of the process. There are other very detailed threads on how to install and amp on these cars so I did not go into great detail.

1) Remove the trunk panel (the one that covers the trunk latch), behind it you will find a post for the tailights ground wire. Install your amp kits ground wire to that post (or bolt) then connect the ground to the amp built into the rear of the box.

2) This amp features line in connectors and RCAs. I used the line in connectors by tapping into the rear speaker wires. From there you connect them to the Amps Speaker Level inputs on the amp. (I assume the speaker wires will be colored different for different year and audio systems so make sure positive and negative before you do this)

3) To run the power wire from the battery to the amp is fairly easy on these cars. (Without hooking the power wire to the battery) locate where you would like to mount your power wires fuse holder under the hood. Remove the passenger side inner wheel housing plastic. Behind there you will see a grommet that runs to the interior for the firewall. There was a nub on mine that i cut off and was able to feed the power wire into the interior from there. From here you can run the wire however you would like to the amp. I connected mine to the amp first, then to the positive side of the battery.

4) Next you have to run a remote wire (gives a signal to turn the amp on) for this I removed the fuse panel cover on the passenger side kick panel. Locate a fuse of your choice that that only has power when the key is in the on position. (best way is to use a test light and check key on, key off) Otherwise your amp will not turn off when you turn the car off. This will drain your battery. Back probe the fuse of your choice and run the remote wire back to the amp.

5) check all connections and you should be all set. From here make adjustments.

2012-01-21123714.jpg

2012-01-27155722.jpg

2012-01-27155731.jpg

Doug1227

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question, but do you recall which specific fuse you tapped into on the passenger side fuse panel? I was standing on my head with a flashlight and meter trying to find a switched one by myself and go frustrated and packed everything up! LOL! If you know exactly which one you used, that'd save me the effort of testing. Thanks in advance!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back