Spark Blowout? HT0s vs Brisk

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I started gaping my HTOs to .032 at 12 psi and still run .032 at 25 psi. I use MSD coils.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
So I'd been running the Brisk plugs that Brenspeed shipped with my Novi 1200 kit with good results. Started having some rough cold starts and figured the plugs could use replaced after 2 years of service in my supercharged car.

From reading all the bad reviews on here of Brisk plugs and all the good reviews of the HT0s, I went with the HT0s. Gapped them at .035.

I ran at the track once about a month ago with them with OK results.

Tonight I ran at the track again and on the first pass it started breaking up at the top of 3rd and into 4th gear. Threw a DTC for cylinder 2 and random misfire. No knock or any other bad stuff. MPH was way down (112 vs normal high one-teens).

I made another pass a few minutes later and had the same issue - I scanned this pass with Live Link and besides misfires all over the place over 5500, nothing seemed wacked. It broke up pretty bad in 3 and 4 again. Managed to trap 115.

Does this sound like spark blow out?

I figure that it is, but the fact that it DIDN'T happen the first time out with these plugs has me wondering. Could it be that as the plugs get a little dirty they get more prone to blow out?

I believe the Brisk plugs were gapped at .035 and they never had issues like this. Should I try gapping the HT0s tighter, or replace them? I'm tempted to just buy a set of Brisk plugs and put them in.

Any other thoughts? Think I'm off base here and it isn't plug related? Feedback appreciated.

I know this is off topic....how does that thing live with so much boost on a smaller supercharger with no intercooler?! I'm assuming it's more then 5 or 6 lbs anyway from your track times.

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
I was running meth/water injection with great results. Cooled the charge significantly AND added octane. I think this helped a ton.

I'm now running a big air to air IC in conjunction with the water/meth injection.

I also think that centri blower quipped 3Vs tend to live longer then turbo, nitrous, or positive displacement blown 3Vs, since boost ramps in slowly and the power curve isn't very 'dramatic'. I think this creates less of a shock on the weak rods and gives the engine a better chance. Just my thoughts.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back