Special Offer

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
To shut up certain naysayers on this site (you know who you are:thumb:) I would like to throw out a special offer of a reduced price of $349 on the adaptive tune (normally retails for $399) to one person on the site plus 10% off on the required mod parts if needed.

The stipulations, and I will not make any exceptions, and I reserve the right to rule anyone out on my part:

1) N/A tune only, unless you want to buy our whole Whipple kit with the tune. Standard 2 day shipping to us is paid by the customer.

2) You must have our CAI and charge motion delete plates already, or be willing to purchase them at 10% off offer. No other CAI kits can be used, or aftermarket throttle bodies. Long tube headers or any offroad setups will not be considered.

3) You must post a thread up detailing the installation and results, along with working with any responses to the thread.

Only one person will be chosen. I will post who it is in this thread. Please PM me with your setups or for more details.

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
good plan.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
are there guarantees where if your tune blows the engine you replace the engine?

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
RON
does a tuner replace a motor if he blows it on the dyno?... ( now key is to let them do it with out signing the waiver and you having NO knowledge of it or consenting to it) buddy dumped 10 k into his sr20det built stroked 4cyl motor for his 240. Shop blew the motor on a dyno he didnt tell them to do. He had nx installed and the shop put the wrong jets in and BAM .
100% full replacement

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
are there guarantees where if your tune blows the engine you replace the engine?

This setup has been live and in the field for months now with no issues. If someone goes and messes with the calibration, or lies about their setup to me, then no, there wouldn't be a guarantee. Otherwise, why would we even have released this if it hasn't been throughly tested beforehand?

I wish I could put it on your setup, as you are one of the people that always seems to have an issue with Steeda items for some reason.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Actually i hold steeda products in high regard and think they are some of the best, but i also think they are overpriced compared to other options out there. You cant argue with performance of most of the parts, but when there are similar parts out there that hold up as well or better, i cant justify the difference in the cost. I put 60k into my car so im not here picking the cheapest parts i can find. i look for quality, dependability, customer service, and how hard it hits my wallet. Can I do the same job with a part that costs 100 vs another that costs 300 and have the same reliability?Will the customer service stand behind their product? Can i depend on the part and the reputation of the company? If yes then why would i spend more?

If you want to be literal, the only 2 products i have ever complained about from steeda are the adaptive tune and the tensioner. I may not be able to prove anything on the tune, but i did prove my point on the tensioner with pictures.

I am a customer of steeda's as well as i bought my transmission from you

All i asked was if someone follows your directives you listed, puts the tune in, and the engine lets go, will you be covering the damage?

Last edited:

5spd07gt

Captain Ninja
Reaction score
Actually i hold steeda products in high regard and think they are some of the best, but i also think they are overpriced compared to other options out there. You cant argue with performance of most of the parts, but when there are similar parts out there that hold up as well or better, i cant justify the difference in the cost. I put 60k into my car so im not here picking the cheapest parts i can find. i look for quality, dependability, customer service, and how hard it hits my wallet. Can I do the same job with a part that costs 100 vs another that costs 300 and have the same reliability?Will the customer service stand behind their product? Can i depend on the part and the reputation of the company? If yes then why would i spend more?

I think you hit the nail on the head. I think highly of steeda too but i think steeda thinks even more highly of themselves which is reflected in the price.

If this would have been offered a month ago i'd help out. I have a bone stock engine with only a catback exhaust. I just bought a new home so timing is horrible. I had originally been waiting to buy a JLT and Brenspeed tune which is probably the route i will still go. I still plan on there UD pulleys and delete plates in the future.

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score

If you want to be literal, the only 2 products i have ever complained about from steeda are the adaptive tune and the tensioner. I may not be able to prove anything on the tune, but i did prove my point on the tensioner with pictures.

I am a customer of steeda's as well as i bought my transmission from you

All i asked was if someone follows your directives you listed, puts the tune in, and the engine lets go, will you be covering the damage?

The calibration is bought as is, no warranty, however, nothing bad will occur with the calibration as long as they stick to the prescribed conditions, as that's what we have tested. That's not to say other combinations couldn't be used in the future, it's just that we are currently testing other combinations, such as cams and other things, but obviously we want that done in a controlled enviornment, before releasing them into the wild.

As for your other points, such as cost of parts, you get what you pay for in most cases. You can save some money by buying parts from RPM Outlet, but we know how that works out. Yes, some of our parts that have similar counterparts from other companies, might be more expensive, but on most, if you take the time to really look at the parts, you'll see added value parts by us, or shortcuts by others. Plus, we have the customer support, tech help, and track record to back it all up.We also make the large bulk of what we offer here in the States, so costs are higher. I can tell you this though, when we have our Valdosta plant open, we'll be able to have even better costs and items available.

5spd07gt

Captain Ninja
Reaction score
Sounds great, good to hear about the new plant. You are correct, good customer service is a huge factor but there are companies other than steeda, like brenspeed, that are known for their great service AND low prices and of course there is RPM outlet as you mentioned which is a big joke.

Last edited:

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds great, good to hear about the new plant. You are correct, good customer service is a huge factor but there are companies other than steeda, like brenspeed, that are known for their great service AND low prices and of course there is RPM outlet as you mentioned which is a big joke. I have only bought one item from steeda so far and honesty the customer service was unsatisfactory. As little as it sounds, i bought a license plate frame which took two months to get because it was sold out BUT no one bothered to inform me of the situation. After 2 weeks and no plate i called and was told they were sold out and should be getting more in the next week. I ended up calling 3 other times in the following month and a half before i finally got it. I realize it was only a plate frame but it still reflected bad on steeda and hopefully this was just a one time thing. I used it for 2months before it started to discolor, metal, so now its thrown in a box of junk somewhere. Will i order steeda products again? Of course, but probably from other sites which sell steeda products, not the steeda website.

PM sent. As usual for this site, this thread has gone way wrong from the initial post. If we could, I'd like to have this one focus on the task on hand. I'd be more than happy to have another thread started for anything else, although I know the chances of that are slim:roflmao:

This is a serious offer people. In the beginning, there were all sorts of people looking for us to put it up for comparison, and here it is.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very cool offer Steve!! I would love to take you up on it..... uh... but I am a tiny bit out of your required spec.

Someone needs to jump on this, and fast!

jre8806

S197 Member
Reaction score
I would if the discount was a bit better. I've always been a fan of Steeda and dont care too much i spend on the part as long as I know the quality of the product. But at the same time, 10 percent doesn't seem like a good deal to what Steeda would be getting out of the deal. now 25 percent....thats a different story.

Last edited:

TGJ

forum member
Reaction score
I will consider this. My current mods are:

FRPP X-Pipe, SLP LM Axleback, MGW short throw, LRP Spydershaft, CHE LCAs, CHE UCA, CHE Relocation brackets, CHE Panhard bar, CHE Panhard bar brace. I have a SCT X-Cal 2, FRPP CMCV Deletes and JLT CAI. I will buy a 90mm Steeda CAI to do this if I am considered. I am in Canada as well if that matters...

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I actually like the concept of this tune and really would like to see someone take up this offer and let us know. Or better yet, Steeda could come out with a version of this tune for a highly modified mustang with a Saleen S/C and I'd test it and do the right up. I agree with Doc though, someone needs to jump all over this!

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i had a dream about this last night and I woke up thinking my dog was working with steeda. weird shiz

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well if I had the right car I would but unfortunately I can't.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back