Special Offer

08GOGT

forum member
Reaction score
To bad this was not before the back to back Reno/Las Vegas trip last week.. The Craps table was not very good to me. The 08 is just looking for a reason to get modded.

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
All i asked was if someone follows your directives you listed, puts the tune in, and the engine lets go, will you be covering the damage?

Come on Ron, I'm just as skeptical as you but you and I both know you're putting him in an impossible spot with this question.

No, there are no warranties on aftermarket parts of any kind usually, especially tuning, and even when there are, it's 99.9% of the time limited to the part replacement itself, not the damages it costed to other parts, the installation costs, the downtime, or inconvenience. If people don't like that, I tell them DO NOT CUSTOMIZE YOUR CAR.

And even if there was some possibility of them considering doing some sort of guarantee, Steve is clearly not the guy at Steeda high enough up to make that post. That would be like me trying to sell you a JDM tune guaranteeing it makes this power or your money back or guaranteeing your car won't blow up.

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
Come on Ron, I'm just as skeptical as you but you and I both know you're putting him in an impossible spot with this question.

No, there are no warranties on aftermarket parts of any kind usually, especially tuning, and even when there are, it's 99.9% of the time limited to the part replacement itself, not the damages it costed to other parts, the installation costs, the downtime, or inconvenience. If people don't like that, I tell them DO NOT CUSTOMIZE YOUR CAR.

And even if there was some possibility of them considering doing some sort of guarantee, Steve is clearly not the guy at Steeda high enough up to make that post. That would be like me trying to sell you a JDM tune guaranteeing it makes this power or your money back or guaranteeing your car won't blow up.

I am a cog in the machine, but what Chris said is true of just about every warranty on aftermarket part. In addition to that, labor usually isn't covered either.

That all being said, I still can't understand how, after all the bluster and crap I took in on the adaptive tune, I still can't someone to take me up on the offer?

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
no one has a car that meets the limited criteria.

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
probably not on here because we all know best and have done our own modifications as we see fit with different combinations of parts (I admit to being one of them), but we all should know 2005+ guys who are near bone stock and we've been trying to sucker them into starting. this would be the perfect shot for them.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
no one has a car that meets the limited criteria.
That's what I was thinking. Especially here at this forum. There just aren't too many stock or near-stock 07/08 rides here. I don't see this as a knock on the offer at all... it's just a matter of demographics.

I'm still hoping the right guy with the right car steps up and does this. I'm very curious.

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
I only posted the offer here, because this was the only site that really went at it hard, and it's by far the most technical for the newer cars. Proof is in the pudding, and most people here don't believe anything without seeing results.
We'll keep looking for someone.

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
I'll be waiting till the price drops alot more before I try it.
$350+((steeda cai+steeda delete plates)-10%)= $$$$

It actually is cheaper than if you were to buy the comparable Power Pak with an SCT tuner. It's all in what your budget can afford.

Eventually, I'll let this offer run out here, and get someone off my local site, but I know then any result they get will be touted as biased, so I'd really rather get someone from the pain in the asses on this one.:clap:

Buzzystang

forum member
Reaction score
I'm out on two counts: JLT CAI and an '06, otherwise I'd be dumb not to take you up on it. This is a great offer and I hope someone here can take advantage of it.

gasman

Reaction score
Sounds interesting. I have a stock 2008 gt with frpp cat back exhaust. My understanding that in addition to the tune I'll need the charge motion delete plates, CAI and inlet. I have read a few claims on performance boost, what should I expect with this system setup ? Thanks

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds interesting. I have a stock 2008 gt with frpp cat back exhaust. My understanding that in addition to the tune I'll need the charge motion delete plates, CAI and inlet. I have read a few claims on performance boost, what should I expect with this system setup ? Thanks

in the area of 350hp at the crank.

gasman

Reaction score
what about low end torque, my understanding the cmdps reduce low end torque....still sound like a great system and something I'll prob. go ahead and try out when the weather gets a little cooler around here making it bearable to work in the garage

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
It is a miniscule loss compared to the power gained up top. Normally I recommend a converter, 4.10 gears or bigger with the CMDPs. The CMDPs move your powerband up, and the converter and those gears keep it in that better power range. The car rarely, if ever, dips into that lower torque situation with that setup.

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
what about low end torque, my understanding the cmdps reduce low end torque....still sound like a great system and something I'll prob. go ahead and try out when the weather gets a little cooler around here making it bearable to work in the garage

It's a marginal loss, and the gains up top outweigh any loss on the bottom. A set of gears would make up for it, not too mention get you into that powerband quicker anyway.

Stangtuner

Eaton Poosi
Reaction score
Well I have an 07 with Steeda intake and elbow, Steeda t/b Spacer and Steeda u/d pullies With an SCT tune. is that out of the criteria?

Everything was done AT Steeda.

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
Well I have an 07 with Steeda intake and elbow, Steeda t/b Spacer and Steeda u/d pullies With an SCT tune. is that out of the criteria?

Everything was done AT Steeda.

You would just need the charge motion deletes then along with the adaptive tune.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score

CMCVs can be tuned to lose zero torque.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back