Specs for two nuts on TR3650 shifter linkage rod

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The shifter linkage arm connects the bottom of the manual shifter arm to the transmission. Both nuts appear to be the same. Car I bought appears to have the two nuts stripped and half secured. Lots of slop. Local ford dealer no help (buy new replacement shifter), can't find these two nuts at local junk yards. No part number, home depot no help. Ugh. Can use standard nuts but would like OEM if possible...
John

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Flanged cad plated nuts won't work well? I can't imagine what you're looking at.

forum member
Reaction score
http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=290&viewfile=Gearshift Lever and Boot.pdf
W702751-S441

I am not sure that this answers your question. The top link is to the shop manual. It has a picture of the nut I think you want identified as the part number listed above. To get the part, call Steve at Tasca who you probably should have called first because he just seems to know this stuff without much effort.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=290&viewfile=Gearshift Lever and Boot.pdf
W702751-S441

I am not sure that this answers your question. The top link is to the shop manual. It has a picture of the nut I think you want identified as the part number listed above. To get the part, call Steve at Tasca who you probably should have called first because he just seems to know this stuff without much effort.

Thanks for the response. What's so maddening (I have this diagram) is that it not only doesn't list the nut at the bottom of the shifter arm (it's not showing in this picture), the transmission linkage bolt appears to be incorrect! On my car, there isn't a bolt that I can see although I admit it's pretty tight quarters underneath in the garage. Instead, the shifter linkage rod has two studs on each end, one that connects to the bottom of the gear shift and one that connects to the transmission rod. Both ends use that identical 13mm flanged nut. While I've replaced both stripped nuts with generic 13mm nuts and washers and blue loctited in place so I can drive the car, I'm kind of OCDing on finding the exact parts. Not that big a deal, just thought I'd ask. I'll give Tasca a call just to see if he knows what these are, and order them for the next time I'm under the car...appreciate the feedback.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back