Sportsman Championship

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
After six years of bracket racing my car I finally accomplished a big goal. I won the championship this year already. We still have two points races left but ive been on such a roll nobody can catch me in points!
4 wins
2 runner ups
2 Third place
1 quarter final

Best year ever. Future upgrades..... I have some 15' drag wheels that will be here next week(curently running 17's), then possible BMR k member and or racing seats. Would love to add a PI torque converter and stall but prefer to stay in the low 12s and not change classes.

We raced for Wally's last week.....I had the race won then broke out. So close to that elusive Wally trophy! Haha

Props to Kelly at BMR.......it was the brackets!

Last edited:

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys..... I am a racing junkie. I never miss a race. There are guys there in their 70s racing really fast cars and bikes. I hope to still be there at that age too. LOL. We have a King of the Track award for the most consistant driver at the end of the year. You know I want that trophy! haha...

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
So cool to have drag racing royalty among us! Sure wish I had time to run our local bracket series. Work schedules just don't allow me to do it so I have to live vicariously through you, Patrick. Congrats!

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
So cool to have drag racing royalty among us! Sure wish I had time to run our local bracket series. Work schedules just don't allow me to do it so I have to live vicariously through you, Patrick. Congrats!
Ha-ha thanks Brian. Your shifter is still working perfectly all these years later as well.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Ha-ha thanks Brian. Your shifter is still working perfectly all these years later as well.

Ha! I knew I should have kept that shifter! Lucky charm and the reason for all of your success! J/K! I do wish that TCI made one for the 6R80 transmission in my '14.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back