ST Motorsports up to old tricks

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Seems like every other day Adam and his crew do something new with their car. He put down 750 RWHP today and tomarrow he puts on a 2.8 Kenne Bell. Want to bet on 800? :allhail: can't wait to see that car on the track.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Seems like every other day Adam and his crew do something new with their car. He put down 750 RWHP today and tomarrow he puts on a 2.8 Kenne Bell. Want to bet on 800? :allhail: can't wait to see that car on the track.

Holy shit...

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm sworn to secrecy for the moment but I can say 800 rwhp has been surpassed quite easily. Hands down the most HP any TS S197 has ever produced. If he can hook it, it should see mid to low 9's at FFW.

Don:

Yeah - I'm going to stand there and watch him tomorrow to make sure he works on my car...lol

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Don:

Yeah - I'm going to stand there and watch him tomorrow to make sure he works on my car...lol
As long as mine is done first, that's OK. I left it there Sunday, and I need to pick it up tomorrow night.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wow... 800+ crazy hp!!!

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes, on a 3 valve motor. He had to do some customizing of course.
Interesting. I assume, then it's from the 5.4 4-valve?

Is Kenne Bell planning on a 2.8? I heard some murmurs about it, but nothing concrete.

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score
re hp

Its true..811 hp 712 tq. I have been away from the phone the last 2 days finishing the car for an upcoming article in MM&FF. The 2.8l h is a pretty sick. I know it would make 840 if I pushed it 2 more lbs, but I really would rather see some track time right now. If all goes well,It could make an appearance at Barona this Friday.
The new combo is:
KB 2.8L blown engine built and tuned by ST Motorsports
Diablo Tuned with MaFia
Livernois stage 3 heads
comp stage 3 cams
JE custom pistons
Manley billet rods
Cobra crank
custom cometic head gaskets
arp hardware
60lb injectors
gt500 fuel system
KB Mamouth 4.5 inch inlet system with Dual 75 mm t-body
KB 40 amp BAPs X2
Stock coils assisted by a KB BAS(boosta-spark) which was needed after 700 hp!
Clutch Masters stage 4 clutch
autolite HT0 sparkplugs gapped @.028
ST Motorsports ice box
Fluidyne heat exchanger
Ford Racing intercooler pump
STOCK exhaust manifolds
STOCK H-PIPE

Now I just need this thing to hook!!!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
STOCK exhaust manifolds
STOCK H-PIPE

Now I just need this thing to hook!!!

True, but what you really need is some fricken long tubes!!!! I say you would gain 20hp MINIMUM with the kind of boost your running......

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How's the driveability of that? Also, how long do you think the transmission and rear will hold out?

dustindu4

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
funny that he has to put 2 BAPs on a GT500 pump

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Lets see...2 fuel pumps, 2 fpdm's=the need for 2 baps. KB sells a special bap that has 2 baps inside. When I began testing for hp I found the gt500 pumps were struggling at 650 rwhp or so. I had 2 baps on the shelf and that was the fix at the time.May not look the same having 2 on there,but does the same job. Jim at KB has given me the GT500 BAP,I just havent installed it yet.

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score

How's the driveability of that? Also, how long do you think the transmission and rear will hold out?
Not sure on the trans, but the rear should hold up since Im swithing back to an auto trans .This will be alot easier on the driveshaft and rear axle because the sudden shock of popping the clutch is gone.

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score
re fuel

And he is still running out of fuel.

Actually I not having any issues as of now. My fuel pressure is at 70psi+ holding strong, with a solid 11.5-11.9 air fuel ratio.I do have 83 lb injectors sitting there,so if fueling should become a problem down the line,Ill toss those in. I would like to add that I have a AFM1000 air/fuel metering system,which is by far one of the best you can use. Its a calibrating ,lab quality o2 system, not the cheap dynojet one,using a bosch sensor that slowly fades away and starts to lie to you. If it says 11.9 , its 11.9 on the air fuel.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back