Stainless Steel Polishing

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
I just use never dull for my Borla Tips, I don't know of any downsides to using never dull instead of a polisher like that.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Currently using Never-Dull as well. This looks like it'll do a much better job.

I've went at the tips with the Dremel and while it gives it an awesome shine it's time consuming and this "says" it will protect the surface of the metal.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
I use never dull or a chrome polishing compound..... We get excessive carbon build up on the boats 6" exhaust tips after each time out. Never dull doesn't take care of it. Scrubbing bubbles is what takes it off and then just some Finesse II finishing and chrome polish makes them look like new

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I don't know about that kit, but I was trying to kill that bug on my screen, lol

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I use never dull or a chrome polishing compound..... We get excessive carbon build up on the boats 6" exhaust tips after each time out. Never dull doesn't take care of it. Scrubbing bubbles is what takes it off and then just some Finesse II finishing and chrome polish makes them look like new

Got any suggestions for a bench polisher and what I'd need to polish stuff up really nice? I'd like to do my bare pulley among other things.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Got any suggestions for a bench polisher and what I'd need to polish stuff up really nice? I'd like to do my bare pulley among other things.

I have a double sided variable speed grinder with a buffer wheel on one side and a polishing wheel on the other. Works great and was cheap as hell. I use the stick polishing compound stuff (not sure the name).

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
I have a double sided variable speed grinder with a buffer wheel on one side and a polishing wheel on the other. Works great and was cheap as hell. I use the stick polishing compound stuff (not sure the name).

^^^ There ya go. DK has the right idea. Any hardware or automotive place should care a polishing compound that will do the trick

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
0456df33.jpg

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just as another option, I got tired of trying to keep my Stingers polished, so I just painted them black. I hit them up twice a year with high temp black paint and they stay looking good.

P1060186%7E0.JPG

mpf

forum member
Reaction score

the buffing compound used in industry for stainless apps. is "chrome rouge".
It is the green bar, and it is applied to a sewn cotton wheel. It won't work by hand, not enough speed/pressure/heat.
Menards store has the best deal, "noxon"..green bottle in home cleaning area, huge amount cheap. Made like the old-style "flitz"

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
the buffing compound used in industry for stainless apps. is "chrome rouge".
It is the green bar, and it is applied to a sewn cotton wheel. It won't work by hand, not enough speed/pressure/heat.
Menards store has the best deal, "noxon"..green bottle in home cleaning area, huge amount cheap. Made like the old-style "flitz"

Exactly what I use.

@Nasty-That engine looks awesome.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Just as another option, I got tired of trying to keep my Stingers polished, so I just painted them black. I hit them up twice a year with high temp black paint and they stay looking good.

P1060186%7E0.JPG

I'm thinking about doing this myself.... I might paint mine a deep grey and buff them out so imitate black chrome

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score

P1060186%7E0.JPG

You should probably black out the emblems, too. Just to make it flow better.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I second the black out emblem. I currently use never dull on my tips and try to do it every other car wash. I generally keeps them looking good and keeps me from having to buy something else.

wesleyk5

forum member
Reaction score
Collinite No.850

I used to use Mothers metal polish on my Magnaflow tips. I switched to Collinite No.850 metal polish/wax. This stuff is amazing. It's usaully only availible at places like West Marine as it is intended for aeronatical and marine use.(roughly $6 or $7 a bottle).I used to use this on the 141' motor yacht I used to work on. So you know it can stand up to salt and uv rays
and ocean elements it can stand up to the elements our cars go through. Now takes me a 1/4 of the time to polish the tips and lasts longer. Don't look at the tips in my pics as i haven't polished them in about 3 months(I ran out and am having more sent from south FL) A bottle usaully last about a year. The ad I saw for that polishing kit posted looks like an infammercial. Good Luck

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back