Stanglax's turbo build

stanglax28

forum member
Reaction score
Well I completly forgot to update this thread LOL!!!! Car made 422hp/442tq on 7 lbs. All of my driver side plugs were fauled out due to me forgeting to plug in the o2 sensor:oops1::mad2: So they didnt want to push it anymore than that and either did I. Been driving it around like that for a couple of months. And this past weekend was heading to West Palm Beach (3 hour drive) for a concert and the clutch/tranny decided to take a shit halfway there. Was on a first offical date with this girl LMAOOOO. Had AAA pick the car up and got a rental and went on our way. I feel bad for the little focus they gave me...So know I have to take the tranny out and build it so I can turn the POWWWAAAAAAAA up. lol

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I completly forgot to update this thread LOL!!!! Car made 422hp/442tq on 7 lbs. All of my driver side plugs were fauled out due to me forgeting to plug in the o2 sensor:oops1::mad2: So they didnt want to push it anymore than that and either did I. Been driving it around like that for a couple of months. And this past weekend was heading to West Palm Beach (3 hour drive) for a concert and the clutch/tranny decided to take a shit halfway there. Was on a first offical date with this girl LMAOOOO. Had AAA pick the car up and got a rental and went on our way. I feel bad for the little focus they gave me...So know I have to take the tranny out and build it so I can turn the POWWWAAAAAAAA up. lol

Didn't take long for me to blow up my 3rd gear in the tr3650. I now have a TR 6060 6 speed, and didn't look back. So is there a 2nd date after your car little hiccup?

stanglax28

forum member
Reaction score
Didn't take long for me to blow up my 3rd gear in the tr3650. I now have a TR 6060 6 speed, and didn't look back. So is there a 2nd date after your car little hiccup?

HAHA yea I think so. Shes a really down to earth girl and understands things happens. I wish I had the coin for a 6060 but thats just out of my budget right now so building the 3650 to handle a little more power than stock.

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
If you want to send me your fuel hat I will modify your hat for you with the new fuel goodies. Just cover return shipping $15. I offer this to any of our customers when they buy a turbo setup from us, even though you got yours second hand. If you want a walkthrough of how to install it yourself send me a pm.

Now thats customer service! :thumb2:

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
HAHA yea I think so. Shes a really down to earth girl and understands things happens. I wish I had the coin for a 6060 but thats just out of my budget right now so building the 3650 to handle a little more power than stock.

How much is it costing you to rebuild it stronger? Most people find that you can get a used tr6060 set up for the same price.

stang looking to sell my 6060 setup pm me if you are interested

WHAT THAT GUY SAID!^

stanglax28

forum member
Reaction score
Now thats customer service! :thumb2:

S&H has one of the best customer services in the car business. I mean shit how many people give out personal phone numbers to call/text to ask any type of question you have?

stang looking to sell my 6060 setup pm me if you are interested
pm'd

How much is it costing you to rebuild it stronger? Most people find that you can get a used tr6060 set up for the same price.

Haven't gotten a chance to take it down and have someone look at it. But I have a few friends that can rebuild it for me. Just have to do a little research and what not on parts/cost.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
S&H has one of the best customer services in the car business. I mean shit how many people give out personal phone numbers to call/text to ask any type of question you have?

pm'd

Haven't gotten a chance to take it down and have someone look at it. But I have a few friends that can rebuild it for me. Just have to do a little research and what not on parts/cost.

Unless your friends can rebuild it stronger for cheap. Your going find it that it'll make more sense to get the tr6060. And you'll gain a gear.

stanglax28

forum member
Reaction score
Unless your friends can rebuild it stronger for cheap. Your going find it that it'll make more sense to get the tr6060. And you'll gain a gear.

Pmed u back

My friend is rebuilding it for the cost of parts. Im sure Ill buy the beer and food for when he does it. lol I would love to get a tr6060 but its just not in the budget right now.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My friend is rebuilding it for the cost of parts. Im sure Ill buy the beer and food for when he does it. lol I would love to get a tr6060 but its just not in the budget right now.

Well that works out. Thats a good friend. As long as its been built to be stronger, otherwise, it will be daja vu.

stanglax28

forum member
Reaction score
Well a little update since I have finally made some progress on the car. Back on black friday I ordered my Mcleod twin disc from Lethal Performance. It took almost a month to get here because they were waiting on a seal for the new throw out bearing. Not LP fault just kinda crappy that Mcleod took that long to get a seal. Then once the clutch and TB got here went to go put it on the car and realized they sent me a 26 spline instead of a 10 spline. And was also damaged in shipping. Took Mcleod 2 weeks to get the new clutch disc ship to me. :mad2: went to take the dowl pins out as their instructions say to replace with the supplied ones. And of coarse one was a SOB to get out. Go to put the adapter plate on and wont work with those dowl pins only the stock ones... Found that out after calling to Mcleod and dealing with them for 20 mins on the phone. But while I was on the phone with them the guy recommended me to put a flywheel from 99-04 gt. So the hunt for that started. After a week got one from Brothers performance. So finally last night I got to get something done on the car. Got the MGW put on, clutch and tranny all connected back up. THEN... I go to bleed the clutch all is going ok then SNAP fucking POS piece of plastic on the clutch pedal brakes. So now I have to find one and dealer price is 80 bucks just have to find someone that has it. This project has been named daemon child or any other name with daemon in it by my GF. LOL So hopefully I can get that piece in and get the car done sometime next week. But working 40-50 hours a week plus night school, GF, and helping my buddy with his Mega Mud Truck (Mini Monster Truck) time is pretty limited so we shall see.

Last edited:

stanglax28

forum member
Reaction score
well after 6 months of the car being down it is finally running again (kinda). Went ahead and ordered an OEM throw out bearing and everything went back together smoothly for the most part. Drove it home from its resting spot at our shop and wasnt really running right didnt want to pick up boost and would lean out badly. So today I decided maybe the tune came un-flashed or something so re-uploaded the tune and started throwing these codes P0010 p0020 p0000 p0102 p0135 p0135. couple of them said something about intake camshaft position actuator ckt open. Tried seeing if anything was unplugged and the only thing I could find was the plug for the CMD which are deleted and some how I plugged the wrong o2 sensor for bank 2 primary I used the secondary idk how the fuck that happened lol. Anybody have any ideas??? starting to get really frustrated with this damn car.

stanglax28

forum member
Reaction score
Did some research found out its somewhat of a common code(s) pulled fuse 47 sure enough it was blown. Replaced it and it popped again. So now I get to hunt done a short FML. lol that it for tonight. Gotta help my parents get ready to head to Miami for my sisters knee surgery in the a.m. and deal with the ex-gf. Fun night ahead of me lol

Back