Starter buffer kit...

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
You're in good hands with the kit you picked up. Here's some helpful info:

Always do test spot with least aggressive combo first.
Keep your pads clean
Arm speed and technique are essential
Don't hesitate to ask questions - quite a few guys here with tons of experience and that are willing to help

What's your supply of MF towels look like?

Thanks, I knew I was in good hands as I am constantly reading the posts in here and attempting to replicate with Ol' Trusty... just can't do what I want to with it so its time to put it out to pasture. Right now I have 8 MF towels, will have two more when the buffer arrives.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Thanks! Been watching the videos on AutoGeek so have the basics, just need some actual buffer time...

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
okay, decided to start with filling in rock chips, door dings, etc. and sanding them smooth before I started the paint correction. I started with 2000 to get things started and ended with 3000. The spots look pretty good for my first attempt but can't seem to get all the scratches out? Looks great until I bust out the flashlight and then I can see very light sanding marks. I used the following:

CCS Orange Light Cutting Foam Pad, 6.5 inches
Firm, high density foam for scratch and defect removal. Use this pad with polishes and swirl removers. It’s an all around pad that will work on most light to moderate imperfections.

8 oz. Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0
Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 is a hybrid of our original Total Swirl Remover formula and Menzerna’s fast-cutting polish for ceramic clear coats. It combines Wolfgang’s diminishing abrasive technology with Menzerna’s special milling process, which produces consistently sized, fast cutting abrasives. Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 is an aggressive swirl remover with the gentle touch of a shine-enhancing polish. It’s not an oxymoron – it’s a unique breed of abrasives that level paint without scratching. Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 starts improving the paint immediately and leaves the paint noticeably smoother and shinier, even before the finishing polish is applied

Worked it in and spread it out on speed 3 and then kicked it up to 5.5 and worked the areas. Do I need to go with a more abrasive pad or use a more abrasive product to get these sanding marks out?

TxGt1

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have any smaller pads? This would help. I would use m105 or Wolfgang uber if you have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back