starting point for the 9's

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Went to the track today ran a couple 10.30's and a 10.50- best run was my first pass @ 10.36 w/ a 1.44 60'- Tune is way off shifting earlier and not locking converter- all over the rev limiter by the 1000' mark - 3.55 gears should carry car to low-mid 140's not 131mph- should have revised tunes for this wed. and better results-

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Went to the track today ran a couple 10.30's and a 10.50- best run was my first pass @ 10.36 w/ a 1.44 60'- Tune is way off shifting earlier and not locking converter- all over the rev limiter by the 1000' mark - 3.55 gears should carry car to low-mid 140's not 131mph- should have revised tunes for this wed. and better results-

Especially since you have the stall converter already, I think factory 3.15 gears would help you out with the power you're making. It has to be a tough job for the computer to anticipate upshifts, especially in the first few gears. It'd probably launch more consistently too. With the 4.17 1st gear you have, and deeper gears in the rear to add more fuel to the fire, your motor probably sweeps up to redline as fast in first gear with a dead hook, as it would in neutral. On the other hand low-mid 10's is nothing to sneeze at imo.

Last edited:

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Car will go 9's if I have to push it off a cliff- lol.- car is making over 11psi above 7000 rpm that is one of the reasons we have the shifts down a lil bit, but hitting the rev limiter under boost (like 25 times now with street testing ) is not good on the opg's and the motor. Car would of been a 11.20 car after the gear swap NA so 10.30's boosted isn't going to cut it. Similar people with my same set up and weight(#3725 w/driver) are running 9.80's

Jason09GT

forum member
Reaction score
I'll be watching. Plan on doing the same with my '14 mt82 car with 3.31's. It'll go 9's with a d1sc if I have to drop it out of an airplane.

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Well no 9's tonight but did manage to run a couple 10.teens a 10.14 and a 10.178 with 1.447 & 1.463 60 '. Trans is getting closer to being right now just have to start moving the shifts up- There is something going on at the top of 4th gear with the locking of the converter and I am not sure what it is -should have a new revising for Saturdays track day- . 134.3 mph was on the 10.14 pass. seems a lil low , should be making more steam than this.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
You have the logs?

It took me a bit to get dialed in with the converter lockup on the big end and everytime I change something, we have to fool with it again. If my car doesn't go 150 soon i'll push it off the same cliff that you find.

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
No, I haven't data logged for my tuner so I am really handicapping him- It is coming down to that he is being patient. I just have never had luck setting up the laptop to do the logs. but I guess it is time to get it figured out , or have him start over using a n guage and hp tuners- solves my data logging issue then. Car has only made 8 passes down the track since the blower was installed so I am confident we will get there.

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Well made a total of 4 passes today- 1st was a 10.17 with a shit 60 foot for me normally and a 133 and change mph.- 2nd and 3rd runs were with the filter remove for the end of the air intake- car ran 10.116 &10.127 all of the rev limitier- car was making some steam 1/8 th mph were both over 108. et was 6.445/6.456 but at a dismal 128 mph because of the rev limit - converter isn't staying locked in 4th or from the 3-4th shift. time to start data logging so this can be corrected- track was actually hooking so hard my normal tire pressure I run was actually a lil low cause the car was actually bouncing a little. 60' weren't any better than normal thou- never corrected tire pressure..

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
You're gettin close!! How are you liking your Procharger kit?

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
I like the kit- the simplicity of the install- I have the stage 2- stuck at 10.10's - just a tuning issue - I am running a 5c converter which isn't optimal and should be running a 2c-4c 245mm- I HAVE NOT DATALOGGED for my tuner at all so I am handicapping him- he sent me configuration file I just haven't installed to my laptop to log for him- having lock up issue in 3rd and 4th gear not happening soon enough- got 3 1.42's 60 foots the other day- I also am running a 3.55 gear which is there to push the car through the traps towards the upper part of the power band we are using- trying to shift it a lil lower to hold the rods in it- and not buzz it up to 7600. He has the drivibilty down now so just need to get the lock up sorted out- I haven't decided if I want to order a 3b which will be a lil tight at this power level and just swap then sell my 5c or pull my 5c and have it restalled to a 3c and rock it till I build the motor and get to the 850+ rwhp range- ordering the new converter is more expensive but is only down 1 day versus 3-4 weeks- If you don't have a lot of money in the headers and exhaust and don't have to worry about emission you might want to consider a turbo - I had to much money wrapped into headers and such to go turbo- the D1sc makes a tune of power and will easily destroy a stock motor- if you want a easy 650 nice driving rwh and your good with that then I highly recommend it- you may even get 675-700 with e-85 and still keep it together- I have full suspension and et pro's and when the car gets above 6k you can get squirely in a hurry on the street- at the track you could drink a beverage-

Back