Steeda 5.0 CAI & Tune - new best ET and Trap Speed!

S

Steedagus

For those who have followed our previous posts or seen our advertised info on our website for our cold air and tune below for reference, we have new results to report!

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-power-pak-for-2011-and-up-ford-mustang.html

We had previously gone a best of 11.96 at 115.1 mph in testing with just our Steeda CAI, custom tune, and Nitto Drag Radials to get the power down. This was our original tune package on 93 octane in a 3.73 equipped car.

We have since further refined our tunes and have been upgrading customers who already had our package free of charge and have been getting awesome feedback and impressive dyno results.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f726/new-steeda-tune-just-simply-awesome-491233/

We now have a new best 1/4 mile E.T. and trap speed. They didnt happen on the same pass, but they almost never do anyway. :D

Our new best E.T is 11.88, but there is more to be had here and we will go back for more testing to get it. When we sent the car back to our Georgia facility, someone forgot to put the tuner back in the car. With a set of short 275/40/17 drag radials we hit the rev limiter in 4th well short of the finish line and could not change it without the tuner handy. This limited our trap speed on the 11.88 pass to only 113.37 mph. Here is the timeslip for that one.

1188.jpg

A subsequent pass shifting into 5th got us an 11.95, so the shift cost us some time, but staying under power gave us a great 116.85 mph trap speed. Here is the timeslip for that one.

1195.jpg

In previous discussions I had mentioned we wanted to get 116-117mph trap speed with just a cold air and tuning, no other power modifications. The car we are using has completely stock exhaust down to the axle back and no other power adders other than the cold air.

Our new goal is 11.70's and to break the 117 mph barrier with just the cold air, tune, and drag radials. We are pretty close now. Just need to get a clean pass.

But for now, 11.88 and a 116.85 trap speed is not too shabby!

Dr Wu

Faraway
Reaction score
Hi Gus,

What did this car run in showroom stock trim? The reason I ask is because PBIR is not a fast track (weather) and some possible customers may not be impressed. If you had a stock baseline track ET and MPH (I haven't seen it anywhere), the improvements of your CAI and tune would be that more impressive. This applies to all tuners here. Just IMHO. I know the drill because I race at PBIR. Your CAI is #1 on my list.

Long Stroke

forum member
Reaction score
Hi Gus,

What did this car run in showroom stock trim?

Hey man, this is from another board where I posted from my first time out at the track. I've been the driver of the car for all the passes BTW....

----
Went to SGMP Sat night to make some passes. Wanted to compare Stock to CAI and tune, and then Nitto's.

Our car is a 2011, 6 speed manual, with 3.31 gears and 235 rear tires. Only mods are proto-type lowering springs.

Only managed a 12.99 at 112 in stock form after 3 passes with a good amount of tire spin. It was hot out and the track was slick. Went a 12.93 two weeks ago stock 100% stock.

Then put the Steeda cai and tune in it and headed back out. The third pass netted a sick 12.45 @ 115.51mph with a 1.91 sixty foot on the stock 235 tires! Track was working better and I was really slipping the clutch.

Finally I bolted up the Nitto 275/40/17 NT05R's to see what it could do on the radials. After several passes I was able to go 12.235 and a 12.239 both at 114mph. Sixty foots were a shocking 1.76 and 1.78 on those last two passes. Corrected those passes are in the 11's with only cai, tune and Nittos. Our car only has the 3.31 gear in it!!! Couldn't beleive it!

Needless to say, with just a CAI, tune and some 17" Nitto's this car is a serious player!! Temps were above 90 degress too!

Scott
biggrin.gif

---

Since then we have resvised the tune several times and have extended the rev limiter. (Except sat!!) These passes I was also shifting into 5th right before the stripe and it was killing mph.

Looking for 11.70's @ 117 this Sat since increasing the limiter back up.

S

Steedagus

The automatics are just a hair slower. Typically in the low 12's.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back