Steeda CAI or AIR Raid?

Michael Zeda

Reaction score
I got the steeda already and the AIR RAID will be here tomorrow.

I was originally going with a steeeda tune but now decided to go with a LITO tune.

I just need to decide which intake to keep

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This has to be a record for length of time that a "what parts to buy" thread has survived in this sub forum.

There will not be much difference power wise between the two. Pick the one that you think looks better. I had the steeda before going turbo and it seemed to work pretty good, car ran about what it should have and no driveability issues.

Last edited:

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
This has to be a record for length of time that a "what parts to buy" thread has survived in this sub forum.

There will not be much difference power wise between the two. Pick the one that you think looks better. I had the steeda before going turbo and it seemed to work pretty good, car ran about what it should have and no driveability issues.

@stkjock

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Return both of them and get a PMAS. Am very happy with it. I will say Steeda was my 2nd choice but PMAS is much larger

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score

Amazed that it still lingers. This has to be a record. Must be still celebrating the eagles win last night.

SLIKSKILZ

Reaction score
Biggest intake size available for budget and be done. More air, more fuel, more power.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Moved. Not a tech question. Please read the posting rules for tech

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
If your car is N/A, stock heads, intake, stock exhaust manifold? Bigger is not always better, as there's a reason the stock motor was designed with the "OEM" 80mm MAF airbox. Although the 2008-09 Shelby GT came factory installed with the Ford Racing/Steeda 90mm CAI, even with custom tuning, the stock 3v motor never the less is only capable of taking in the amount of airflow for which it was originally designed. Therefore anything over 90mm MAF on a stock 3v motor is considered as overkill and useless. That being said, unless you've upgraded to mods that can take full advantage such as high-flow heads, intake, cams, LT headers or FI that actually benefit and require more airflow, you're just far better off sticking with your Steeda 90mm CAI IMHO!

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back