Steeda lower radiator support

TurboX

Formally Buzz Lightyear
Reaction score
I ordered a Steeda lower radiator support and installed it today but have a question. While the Steeda is much lighter, I have to wonder if it is as strong. It is not only supporting the radiator but the sway bar mounts to it, how much force do you guys see this thing actually taking ?

Thanks
Buzz

BTW- Special thanks to Sam Strano, I ordered this thing at 4PM on Wed and it was delivered to Texas on Saturday morning. Excellent customer service.:thanks1:

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
I called Steeda and asked the exact same question, and got shunted over to their engineering department. Their response, paraphrased, was that unless your name is Boris Said, and you're running steamroller tires and downforce, don't worry about it at all. As you may have noticed, the tabs that the swaybar bushings mount to are nicely gusseted and very well triangulated. I've got over a year tracking on mine, and according to the laser, it's still straight as an arrow.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
I'd recommend it without hesitation. I won't say that swapping out the OE piece will shave your lap time by 4-5 seconds, or anything Granatelli-ish like that, nor will I say that it's necessarily going to be a noticeable improvement by itself, but as part of an overall weight-reduction effort, it's certainly a valid piece to be on the list.

John, stock is 16.6lbs, the Steeda piece is 8.2, so it's almost 8-1/2lbs, all from the very front of the car. ANOTHER FORUM REVIEW

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought the piece was very well engineered and def strong. It really doesnt take that much abuse either as far as the weight from the rad and the sway bar goes.

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
WOW!

Makes me want one! I never really thought much of it until I saw this. Looks like quality to me...

What a great pic, I'm sold!

Gerardo

attachment.php

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
how do you mount the brake line running across that beam on the steeda? zip ties ?

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
Don't worry it will take whatever abuse you throw at it. We've had one on our race car for a while now, and if Dario can't break it, then it's safe.

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
I ordered a Steeda lower radiator support and installed it today but have a question. While the Steeda is much lighter, I have to wonder if it is as strong. It is not only supporting the radiator but the sway bar mounts to it, how much force do you guys see this thing actually taking ?

Thanks
Buzz

BTW- Special thanks to Sam Strano, I ordered this thing at 4PM on Wed and it was delivered to Texas on Saturday morning. Excellent customer service.:thanks1:

Hey, no problem. Thank you for your business and taking the time to post. And I'm glad it got there by the weekend--so do you have it on yet????????????

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back