Stereo problem

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
Well...kind of stupid start on that thread but,whrn I was instaling my optima battery,I dropped the ratchet,and it landed on both terminals.It shorted so I burned all the fuses on my amps(2 on the one for the speakers nd 4 on the one for the sub) and the one stock amp for the door subs.I replcaed all that but now it kind of sounds like crap!Especially at he front!Is it possible that I burned out the speakers too?At the front I have 3 way speakers and I have tweeters hooked to both of them!It sounds like its coming more from the drivers side.Now I found that TSB about something ratling in the front pasenger door,but I couldn't get what it was.Is it the plate with the two window swithces or the pillar with the side mirrors joystick?What is the fix to that?

Is it possible if the amp is burnesd out too to work.I figured that if the amp is working that all 4 chanels are still good.

Androdz

Banned
Reaction score
Well...kind of stupid start on that thread but,whrn I was instaling my optima battery,I dropped the ratchet,and it landed on both terminals.It shorted so I burned all the fuses on my amps(2 on the one for the speakers nd 4 on the one for the sub) and the one stock amp for the door subs.I replcaed all that but now it kind of sounds like crap!Especially at he front!Is it possible that I burned out the speakers too?At the front I have 3 way speakers and I have tweeters hooked to both of them!It sounds like its coming more from the drivers side.Now I found that TSB about something ratling in the front pasenger door,but I couldn't get what it was.Is it the plate with the two window swithces or the pillar with the side mirrors joystick?What is the fix to that?

Is it possible if the amp is burnesd out too to work.I figured that if the amp is working that all 4 chanels are still good.

wow talk about a 1 in a million shot lol. I doubt that you did burn anything because the fuse should have burned first way before the short got to the amps. You sure you changed all the fuses? I dont have my manual with me or my car right now but I will look into it tomorrow to check. Also you can loose channels from an amp it doesn't have to die completely necesarily. Not saying that is the problem but that can happen.

Steps

forum member
Reaction score
Typically when an electrical item goes it goes. There is not much of anything in between.

If your fuses went out, and you had the correct AMP fuses installed, I doubt the equipment was damaged. I have known people to install a larger fuse when they replace a blown one causing failures...sad...

As far as the TSB goes, I am not much help. However, I can say that I have a rattle with the stock setup (Shaker 500). I plan on fixing that myself once I replace factory equipment with aftermarket.

I am not sure if I helped....but I hope I did.

Lataz.

maxpayne

BIG UNIT
Reaction score
Yeah there's TSB for that ratle in the driver side door but I have to dig it up.I read that somone fixed ti but when I asked for info noone answersd so.....But it does suck.The solund quality I mean....Oh well

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back