Stock 2011 auto coyote's 1st outing today

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Took the 2011 Auto to the track today, the DA was from 8950' to 9270' throughout the day, and here's what she did.

60 foots ranged from 2.29 - 2.34

1/8 mile ET's from 9.23 - 9.41

trap at the end of the 1/8th was 78.5 - 80.3

Not that it matters but this was on M&H dr's at 32psi, and barely squeeking off the line. The best et and trap came with manually shifting, for some reason the factory tune likes to shift out of 1st at 6500rpms, so I tried letting her rev to 7K and it liked it a little better, hahaha. I know that's pretty dismal, but it's my starting place for the car. I hope to have a tune, and converter in the car for the next race, and hope to be running mid 8's like my white manual car would do, we'll see.......

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Holy nasty DA, Batman, you need a better track and/or weather conditions for your baseline runs!

Why? Should he perhaps travel to your track in WA or maybe one of the fast tracks in MD to run vs. where he would "normally" run at his current track?

That sounds like something the dyno number chasers would say. He isn't trying to set a record....he is just trying to capture some numbers where he typically runs so when he does make a few changes to the car he has a better starting point for comparison.

Your logic defies reason once more.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Took the 2011 Auto to the track today, the DA was from 8950' to 9270' throughout the day, and here's what she did.

60 foots ranged from 2.29 - 2.34

1/8 mile ET's from 9.23 - 9.41

trap at the end of the 1/8th was 78.5 - 80.3

Not that it matters but this was on M&H dr's at 32psi, and barely squeeking off the line. The best et and trap came with manually shifting, for some reason the factory tune likes to shift out of 1st at 6500rpms, so I tried letting her rev to 7K and it liked it a little better, hahaha. I know that's pretty dismal, but it's my starting place for the car. I hope to have a tune, and converter in the car for the next race, and hope to be running mid 8's like my white manual car would do, we'll see.......

Bad air day or are you running at a place like Bandimere? Just Curious. If this is your average DA it would be hard to make a comparison to someone running at Maryland International Raceway. This may help.

http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Holy nasty DA, Batman, you need a better track and/or weather conditions for your baseline runs!

Why? Should he perhaps travel to your track in WA or maybe one of the fast tracks in MD to run vs. where he would "normally" run at his current track?

That sounds like something the dyno number chasers would say. He isn't trying to set a record....he is just trying to capture some numbers where he typically runs so when he does make a few changes to the car he has a better starting point for comparison.

Hahahaha

Attachments

• Laughing_Hysterically.gif
    Laughing_Hysterically.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 5

skaarlaj

Reaction score
Guys, it's all good, it's the track I always run at, and although it's slower than my white stock manual 2012 "aside from DR's and gears", by over .5 in the eighth, I'm quite alright with it. This is about what my old Black Lightning ran after quite a few mods and drag radials at the very same track.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score

Many of us have several tracks to choose from, so if one track is poorly prepped and/or at a higher altitude, choosing another track nearby is an option.

Skarrlaj's track has an elevation of 6600'. Racing the other day in 9000' DA tells me that the weather wasn't ideal for that particular track. That's 2400' of DA over the natural elevation of the track!

Let's say he makes some key changes to the car over the next couple months (converter, off-road mid-pipe, and tuning, for example), then runs at the same track in the fall when the air is cooler and DA drops considerably down to 6600' or so, then the comparisons aren't as easy to make (unless you use a DA calculator and convert all time slips to sea level equivalents).

Oh, and WBT, you might not agree with everything I say, but we're here to share information and help each other, not insult and belittle each other.

Last edited:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Many of us have several tracks to choose from, so if one track is poorly prepped and/or at a higher altitude, choosing another track nearby is an option.

Skarrlaj's track has an elevation of 6600'. Racing the other day in 9000' DA tells me that the weather wasn't ideal for that particular track. That's 2400' of DA over the natural elevation of the track!

Let's say he makes some key changes to the car over the next couple months (converter, off-road mid-pipe, and tuning, for example), then runs at the same track in the fall when the air is cooler and DA drops considerably down to 6600' or so, then the comparisons aren't as easy to make (unless you use a DA calculator and convert all time slips to sea level equivalents).

Oh, and WBT, you might not agree with everything I say, but we're here to share information and help each other, not insult and belittle each other.

No one expects to take a car from stock one weekend and then throw every bolt on made by the next weekend to get the closest possible comparison. For some it takes months.

In that scenario the best case is to correct for weather and track conditions. By weather I mean wind speed and direction, water grains, temp and barometric pressure.

Because you can't control track altitude, you don't go run at a track that is 500' above sea level and several months later run at another track that is 6,600' above sea level and then start comparing....especially after the car has been modded. :insane:

You are right...we are here to share knowledge and information which also includes calling out mis-information.

We don't agree because your logic is flawed and am not going to sugar coat it just for you.

OP....tune, tires/wheels, converter and a Roush UCA will get you the results you are looking for.

skaarlaj

Reaction score
I'm placing my order today, and I'm gonna hold you to that.

Just kidding on "holding you to that", but I'll let you guys know how she does for sure!!

skaarlaj

Reaction score
Well, I have 4C on the way, along with a tune from Mike Rousch at Mid-Atlantic. Should be about 3 weeks out with the converter, so maybe next month I'll be able to post up some better numbers, fingers crossed!!

skaarlaj

Reaction score
I would've went with a 5c, but I'm pretty sure if I don't end up too displeased with the car's performance, I anticipate the use of a centrifugal blower possibly next spring. So it'll be a little bit too tight in NA form, but work well with the additional power of a blower. If converters only costed 300-600 bucks like they did for my old 04 Lightning, I wouldn't mind buying an optimum one for now, and another one for post-boost, but at over 1000 dollars for a simple fluid couple between the engine and trans....... I only want to buy 1......ever

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
In for results.

I know the feeling to run in those DAs, I feel your pain. I live up in Wyoming and ran at Bandimere, and all the other tracks local to there for years.

As for Hypoxia....I never even knew that drag strip existed. Sweet!

Thanks for sharing your results.

skaarlaj

Reaction score
In for results.

I know the feeling to run in those DAs, I feel your pain. I live up in Wyoming and ran at Bandimere, and all the other tracks local to there for years.

As for Hypoxia....I never even knew that drag strip existed. Sweet!

Thanks for sharing your results.
It's pretty low key, and only 1/8th mile, but the track is sticky, and you can get a time-slip at the end of a run, so I have a blast. Oh and it's in Evanston btw.

skaarlaj

Reaction score
For those who care, hahaha. I went with a 5c instead of the 4c. I figure my lack of power will more than likely stall at a lower rpm than most other Coyote Mustangs with the same converter, so I went "full loose" , I also didn't realize a free re-stall was available inside of the first year, or only 200ish after that if it happens to not be quite right..

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
For those who care, hahaha. I went with a 5c instead of the 4c. I figure my lack of power will more than likely stall at a lower rpm than most other Coyote Mustangs with the same converter, so I went "full loose" , I also didn't realize a free re-stall was available inside of the first year, or only 200ish after that if it happens to not be quite right..

Excellent choice and good rationale.

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Its not the free re stall or the cheap 2-250 re stall its the labor/ time to remove, then ship, have re stalled the shipped back to you then re install in car- 2.5- 3 week minimum down time. So if its your daily then you have to deal with that. So if your not doing the install/ removal your self then it can get expensive as well - even if you rocked the stock one for the 2-3 weeks the circle d was out for you have the labor/ time to do it a 3rd time- You should of stuck with your gut(4c) you will be re doing the converter when you go FI- Plus with being stock(ish) the 4c would of been plenty- you losing your cats when you get your tune? _ so they can get more aggressive? or is it not a option? - best of luck , you will enjoy the converter for sure, it was a well chosen investment-

skaarlaj

Reaction score
I've installed 2 stall converters on other vehicles, and both times I wished I would've went looser. I'm also low on power because of the DA at my favorite track "usually 8500'+", so it probably won't stall as high as advertised for me anyhow.

Instead of going with a cat-less mid-pipe and tune for it, I'm just going to stay with stock exhaust, and wait until I can afford to buy some long-tube headers and full exhaust and then tune for that at a later date, maybe this fall before the last race to see what that'll be worth.

Also, I see your sig states "Procharger", then later I see "5C". So this isn't working very good for you??

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back