Stock 2015 Manual Driveshaft

REDS197

Reaction score
Only 3 bolts to transmission. It now has a rubber damper.

Last edited:

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
That is one crap looking driveshaft. What is the need for a sliding joint on the second section of driveshaft? Nothing except possibly crash worthiness which I guess is something. The differential is more or less fixed in position, what is it going to move an 1/4 inch maybe? The CV joint should be able to handle more movement than that so why the slip joint? The rubber donut has been used by other companies for years they get soft over time and if they aren't strong enough there is some windup flex in it. Does absorb shock loads that is about its only benefit. I think replacing the DS with an one piece double CV jointed unit is on my list. I'll never again use any drive shaft with a slip joint.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yup, guibo joint. It is 36.2lbs.

The Auto DS, does not have the guibo joint..and is 29lbs.

I am using a Shaftmasters DS in my '15...and we will be putting one in the BMR '15 PP car soon.

908ssp - also keep in mind, the driveline angles are crazy on this car...

Looking from the Driver Side - Engine/Trans Angle:

Pinion Flange Angle:

So, on my car....I shimmed the trans down a little to line the angles up a little better, because I will not be using CVs. I have never had issues with a standard jointed DS, and I always ensure the angles are proper.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back