Driveshaft balancing the Ford way?

GriffX

Reaction score
Does somebody know for what these empty clips and studs are for? They are also on the other side.

freeLatches.jpg

JC SSP

Reaction score
Loon at RocknRods pics. He has a super clean untouched undercarriage.

Looks like where a heat shield goes?

DieHarder

Reaction score
Rural Germany, all Hardware stores gone with not the wind but the lockdown.....
My breaker bar fits not good, but I can reach them. Will do it tomorrow, it's 8:30 pm here.

For your ageing body I have the appropriate video for you ;)

PS: Bolt No
N800594-S101
is also used on the S550, so my Ford dealer will have it (for the 10fold price I guess)

Have Not a Clue what that dude was saying but cool just the same. Thanks for sharing. :snoopy

GriffX

Reaction score
Loon at RocknRods pics. He has a super clean untouched undercarriage.

Looks like where a heat shield goes?
Oh, a heat shield to protect the driveshaft support bearing, makes sense. And the beancounter discarded it.

The undercarriage is unreal, I have a no-winter car, but this is great.

carmine34

Reaction score
I did a visual inspection last winter. I have not seen any cracks in the rubber, but I could push the shaft 1 inch up, so I don't know. Car has 50k miles. The U-joint at the transmission had no play or bind. The balancing weights were ok. I think a failing carrier bearing is a possibility.
Ya, that has to be bad because mine doesn't move at all when I push on it.

GriffX

Reaction score
Ya, that has to be bad because mine doesn't move at all when I push on it.
I hope I don't get too much NVH from my repair now, but there is still the JXB option. A Ford Performance driveshaft is 1600+ Euros here. I'm painting my rear axle right now, so car still up in the air.

Gladams

Reaction score
Did anyone try out the jxb driveshaft center bearing yet? I’ve been thinking about getting it but I’m looking for a discount code. Thanks.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Did anyone try out the jxb driveshaft center bearing yet? I’ve been thinking about getting it but I’m looking for a discount code. Thanks.

I bought one but haven't seen a discount code. They said it won't ship until sometime this month. After looking at the other supports most of them go for $300 so at $250 that's a bit of a break. Still, much cheaper than a new driveshaft provided the one you have is still in good shape.

OX1

forum member
Reaction score
I bought one but haven't seen a discount code. They said it won't ship until sometime this month. After looking at the other supports most of them go for $300 so at $250 that's a bit of a break. Still, much cheaper than a new driveshaft provided the one you have is still in good shape.

Cool to see someone has a fix now.

Gladams

Reaction score
Ordered mine today, says it will ship middle of this month. I’ll keep everyone updated as soon as I get it and get it installed and tested.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this...................have also ordered 1 myself w\ both sets of durometer inserts to see which set I'll like installed.

FYI..............I contacted JXBPerformance as to why w\ the 10-14 S197's you reuse the OEM spacers but w\ the 05-09 S197's you don't........was informed that their carrier assembly is designed to the 10-14 S197 carrier housing dimensions (makes this approx 1\2" taller bearing center-to-flange than the 05-09 housing) thus w\ the 05-09 S197's the OEM spacers aren't needed to return driveshaft to correct alignment.

Didn't know that the DS center carrier housings were not identical dimension-wise between 1st Gen vs 2nd Gen S197..........good info to know.
FYI..................

Got an email from JXBPerformance this morning that this part has shipped so I'll be expecting this to arrive by UPS on 4-24-24 (according to the UPS shipping manifest JXBPerformance sent).

We'll find out soon.

Gladams

Reaction score
FYI..................

Got an email from JXBPerformance this morning that this part has shipped so I'll be expecting this to arrive by UPS on 4-24-24 (according to the UPS shipping manifest JXBPerformance sent).

We'll find out soon.
They must have shipped a few yesterday. Mine shipped yesterday and will be here Monday. Hopefully install Tuesday or Wednesday.

GriffX

Reaction score
My car is still in winter storage, unbelievable bad weather here, I hope the home brew modification will work, I guess buying the part +shipping +tax will be around 400€. The bearing itself seems to be pretty tough. Car wizard had a Shelby with over 200k mi and bearing was good.

Looking forward to your reports.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Came in yesterday thru UPS so a day earlier than expected...........................

The easy part is done...........now the work begins..........

After checking the 2 choices of rubber isolators (Street or Track), I'm gonna install\go w\ the Track set as they're the firmest durometer version (will have the Street version as a backup but don't see\envision a scenario where I'll ever need to install them........but you never know.....).

The mounting hardware is provided in the Street version packaging..............FYI.

JXBPerformance S197 Driveshaft Center Carrier Assembly.JPG

JXBPerformance S197 Driveshaft Center Carrier Package.JPG

Gladams

Reaction score
Came in yesterday thru UPS so a day earlier than expected...........................

The easy part is done...........now the work begins..........

After checking the 2 choices of rubber isolators (Street or Track), I'm gonna install\go w\ the Track set as they're the firmest durometer version (will have the Street version as a backup but don't see\envision a scenario where I'll ever need to install them........but you never know.....).

The mounting hardware is provided in the Street version packaging..............FYI.

View attachment 95961

View attachment 95962
Mine came in Monday.I’m just waiting for the lift to become available. I’m 67 and don’t feel like doing things on Jack stands. Let me know how your install goes. I got the street version. Good luck.

GriffX

Reaction score
Beautiful parts..... and nobody can see it, sad..... Need anyway a window to look at the MGW shifter :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back