stock wheels best for the track? AND a CD Player Question

Reaction score
I wanted to buy some cheap used stockers for our local track and was wondering if I could use those V6 wheels that are like 16" I think?
Could i buy some slicks for the rear? I figured it would run better times if I was not on my 20's going down the 1/8th mile track. lol.. :/

**SEE POST #3 for 2nd Question** lol.. Thanks!
Like this....
3n03k83mf5V35Q25X2a4c09806b090b3812ed.jpg

OR would these be better?
3k53p33l05O65Z65S4a4cb4db3fec64cb16a4.jpg

Last edited:

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
GZMO is selling some stock wheels and tires with some sticky tires for a good price in the classifieds.

Reaction score
Oh, I have another question........... that does not have to do with this.

Those of you who have put aftermarket CD players in their cars do you have to replace the Shaker 1000 speakers and amp also?? OR will they work with the new head unit?

Someone told me they may not work. :( I was thinking of replacing just my head unit with a double din CD/dvd player.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score

Those of you who have put aftermarket CD players in their cars do you have to replace the Shaker 1000 speakers and amp also?? OR will they work with the new head unit?

Someone told me they may not work. :( I was thinking of replacing just my head unit with a double din CD/dvd player.
:tj:

Reaction score
Um... yea I jacked my own thread. damn it........... lol.

Come on guys I NEED to know if the aftermarket cd player will work with the stock shaker amp and subs or not???????

Last edited:

hangon

forum member
Reaction score
Ive got some stockers that are in the second pic you posted. The tires have about 10k miles on them. let me know if you would like them. Im moving this weekend and the cash would help alot.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score

I believe it will work. I replaced my Shaker 500 with a Kenwood double din Nav/Dvd unit. You'll just need to get the correct harness http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127C2RFRD1/PAC-Ford-Radio-Replacement-Interface.html?tp=3486 and you would also need to get the Radio Shack 5v regulator to turn on the amps and not have them pop ( http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062599&cp )

Last edited:

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I don't know what year mustang you have so the harness may be different depending on that. Your best bet is to reach out to crutchfield to find out the correct harness. I shot in the middle and located the correct one for a 2007 mustang.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back