forum member
Reaction score
Hawk HPS front and back - $150
Earls brake line - $130
Motul RBF600 brake fluid - $50

total is $330

Stoptech kit
includes Lines, CEntric PQ pads, and same fluid - is $379

is the stoptech better than the Hawk's+Earl's setup? Or should i save my money?

ClassJ

Powershifter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would go Hawk pads. ATE super gold fluid (10 bucks a litre and great stuff). And save your cash on the lines unless you plan on really giving the car a workout on the track.

JMHO of course.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Save the $80 and go with the Hawk pads and Earl's lines. You really do notice a difference in breaking while using the SS lines.

Last edited:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
+1

save and go with earls and hawk. you will be very happy

Forge

forum member
Reaction score
I hear the earls brake lines have a crappy bango style connection, but not going to spend 100 bucks to get steedas. I wouldnt mind spending 50 on the stoptech if they are like steedas connection. Also heard earls still dont label the side correctly and put the brackets on backwards? I know its not a big deal to switch them, but if they cant label things right, or install brackets right, not sure if i can trust a company that incompitant(sp).

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
+1 Hawk pads make a big difference. I've got Stoptech rotors, Earl's lines, Hawks, and the Motul 600. For me, the lines made no noticable difference in pedal pressure or feel, and the rotors just look purty since they are crossdrilled and powdercoated black in the center, so I painted my calipers black to match. But the pads made a huge difference.

Yes, the Earls brackets are backwards. No big deal really, but you'd think after a few years of people talking about them they would get around to flipping them before shipping out, ha! If I did it again and HAD to have SS lines, I'd get the Steeda, much better looking product and better connections. Earl's looks like they were put together out of a parts bin.

But really, on the street, SS lines aren't needed. It's not like on a motorcycle where you are replacing an entire rubber line from the master cylinder to the caliper, and feel a huge difference in firmness and lever feel. You are only replaced a small percentage (especially the rears) of the whole brake line (the rest is already metal) so the difference isn't as noticeable. But, you may be bleeding a 'factory air' out of the stock lines, so maybe that's why some people notice a huge difference. Mine was about the same. Maybe I put some air in there, ha!

But I got a great deal on the Stoptech rotors off an ebay clearance from Dream Car when they closed, so I just did everything for about $400.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back