strange issue popped up

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
I am 99% sure your car just need needs the Misfire Monitor / Neutral Profile Relearn procedure done again. Mine had exactly the same symptoms and this cleared it up..

they did this yesterday. it states "performed misfire profile relearn as requested, clear otcs and release vehicle"

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but it sounds like they have investigated every possible option other than the fact that it could actually have a misfire ...

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but it sounds like they have investigated every possible option other than the fact that it could actually have a misfire ...

the tech said it has a misfire but they cant determine why. it's doing it on all cylinders. I drove the car hard on the way home after picking it up( harder than i have since i got it) went to 6500 in first 3 gears with no issues so far.

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
the tech said it has a misfire but they cant determine why. it's doing it on all cylinders. I drove the car hard on the way home after picking it up( harder than i have since i got it) went to 6500 in first 3 gears with no issues so far.

Well thats not hard...lol crank that sucka up to 7000 k and run it like ya stole it...j/k man hope you get it resolved soon

BlueBolt

forum member
Reaction score
How can a dealer make you take a car back when they know there is a miss fire but don't have a fix? I would think you could tell them right then and there to shove it and buy it back. That's basically Ford saying yeah there's a problem but we don't how to fix it, dealer sold you a broke car tough shit. I don't think I would have accepted it back from service under those conditions.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score

If the misfires are across the board like you say they told you, I'd recommend new plug if this was a car/truck with a bunch of miles on it, but a new car, that tends to make me think the PCM is not working right, or a bad ground, maybe even a bad ground for the fuel pump, or a bad fuel pump.

These are all things they could've checked, except maybe the "bad PCM" part ... contacting Ford's Tech Hotline would've been my next step, even as an Advisor (not a Tech) I've done it many times when the tech would throw his hands up in the air and walk away, and I'd come up with another test for him to do ... more often than not we'd end up finding/doing something to the car, not just shipping it ...

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
If the misfires are across the board like you say they told you, I'd recommend new plug if this was a car/truck with a bunch of miles on it, but a new car, that tends to make me think the PCM is not working right, or a bad ground, maybe even a bad ground for the fuel pump, or a bad fuel pump.

These are all things they could've checked, except maybe the "bad PCM" part ... contacting Ford's Tech Hotline would've been my next step, even as an Advisor (not a Tech) I've done it many times when the tech would throw his hands up in the air and walk away, and I'd come up with another test for him to do ... more often than not we'd end up finding/doing something to the car, not just shipping it ...

Gabe, they did contact ford tech line and actually sent them data logs from the car. Ford told them to clear codes and perform misfire profile relearn and release the car. if it happens two more times and i get the same answer then i can try making ford buy the car back. luckily my service order documents all this stuff so my ass is covered. it's a shame because it really is an awesome car. way more exciting than my 2011 Automatic was.

slagburn

forum member
Reaction score
I just went through a very similar scenario with a 5.0 in an 11 F-150. Weird random little misses, not enough to flash the MIL but annoying. Almost felt like somebody put a few oz of weight in the crank damper but not a full on dead hole.
I found by pulling up O2S11/21_CUR pids one bank was toggling current like crazy, the one with the rough running issue. The really strange part that I can't get my head around was using the misfire test bar graph on the IDS it showed every single cylinder on the bad bank as misfiring. I discovered that unplugging the upstream o2 sensor on that bank would then let me see on the misfire test which cylinders were actually falling off.

It ended up being two bad injectors.

Hani

forum member
Reaction score
Is it similar to this problem in below video?

In the comments on this video, 2 owners of a 2013 GT are stating that the same has happened to them!!!

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
subscribed... I just bought a '13 Auto... and so far so good. What type of gas is the op using? I have had NO issues what so ever and I have just crossed 1000 miles.

I have run nothing but 93 from Costco. I have no real history w/ Costco gas...only that it is the cheapest around Baltimore.

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
Why not? I don't either but the only reasons are because it's not the closest most convenient place for me to go and because I will gladly pay more not to wait in line.

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
seems like everytime i end up having to go to one, i end up with some weird shit going on with my car until i use that tank. last time i had to use a fuel cleaner because it felt like i was driving a prius

slagburn

forum member
Reaction score
Costco gas? Tell me you're joking. Stick to quality brands if you like your engine, please.

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
You might be.surprised how many brands come from the.same.place with the additives being the main.difference.

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
You might be.surprised how many brands come from the.same.place with the additives being the main.difference.

this is true, i dont really stick to any specific gas station, but i look at the shape of it, and decide for myself if they are buying good gas, or some bullshit from who knows where. i have a bp nearby thats decent but the bp in the next town i wouldnt get caught dead getting gas from them.

JonathanDough13

Reaction score
It's probably not coil packs, or the crank position sensor. I've had mine replaced and still get the flashing CEL. My dealer had a Field tech come out and he determined it's a programming issue. Data logs were recorded and taken back to Ford. I've been told there are a lot of cases for the same issue - random misfires. Hopefully the engineers can come up with a fix soon.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back