strange issue popped up

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
so far my problem has not come back. I have taken it out to 6500 rpm in a few gears just to be sure.

JonathanDough13

Reaction score
Yup, for me it was easiest to replicate in fouth gear, around 4k, and 70ish mph. It seemed to happen more when the weather was hotter. If I tried to do it late night or early morning I would only happen after a little bit of hard driving.

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
well the computer reflash and misfire profile relearn did not help my car. this is the second time for me. I am taking the car back to Ford tomorrow. if it happens one more time after this i will be starting the process to get Ford to buy the car back. I wont put up with a 33 thousand dollar car with less than 1000 miles on it that cant be fixed. :mad2:

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
I think its complete bs that they can't figure what's going on. Something doesn't sound right. Id be taking that shit back and demanding they figure it out.

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
This is bizarre indeed. Curious to see what finally happens here.

it's so bad that anytime i try to hold 2,3 or 4th gear for any length of time the CEL starts flashing and the car runs like crap. there are a few guys experiencing this same issue right now. i dont know if it's just the M6 cars or maybe the A6 are doing it as well.

Last edited:

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Damn man, that does suck! I'd be taking the car back as well. And I would also inform them of your intent via a simple letter from a lawyer that mentions your States' Lemon Law procedures. That grabs their attention really quick.

So far, I know of one guy in my local Mustang club who has had to do this for the very same reason. His is an M6 as well. Luckily, one of our members is a lawyer and did it for free for the guy. Within a month, the guy had a new Mustang that didn't do this shit. And he went from a base model to a Premium on Ford's dime since there were no base models in stock matching his equipment.

twistedneck

Reaction score
Bald, how long where you at a given RPM? My car had a similar issue when I was in third gear at 4k for 1/4 of a mile because I was messing around with the radio..... After that it never did it again.... Cause I never drove that long at that RPM..... I did some internet research and found two other instances.... one a stock 2011 gt and a stock Boss..... Not saying thats your problem but just wondering about how long at a given RPM did this happen....

This is exactly what happens in my car. if i hold it too long around 4k under part throttle it will light the P0300 code. No other symptoms.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Just an FYI if they said they checked the coil packs and they tested fine you might want to have them change the coil packs anyway, alot of electronics test fine under no-load conditions.

I had to fight with my dealer to get them to try a coil pack when I had a misfire holding the engine at 4k rpm for more than 2 seconds. they cleaned my injectors, flushed my fuel system, changed my fuel filter, air filter, gave me a new MAF and said the coil packs tested fine, I got sick of it and told them TRY to change the coil packs PLEASE I will pay for them if it's NOT the coil packs.

guess what?

a coil pack was going bad under load but tested fine on the bench.

jerkoffs.

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
Just an FYI if they said they checked the coil packs and they tested fine you might want to have them change the coil packs anyway, alot of electronics test fine under no-load conditions.

I had to fight with my dealer to get them to try a coil pack when I had a misfire holding the engine at 4k rpm for more than 2 seconds. they cleaned my injectors, flushed my fuel system, changed my fuel filter, air filter, gave me a new MAF and said the coil packs tested fine, I got sick of it and told them TRY to change the coil packs PLEASE I will pay for them if it's NOT the coil packs.

guess what?

a coil pack was going bad under load but tested fine on the bench.

jerkoffs.

the only problem there is that almost all my cylinders are randomly misfiring according to the datalogs. not all coil packs can be failing. the other strange thing is that is doesnt run poorly until after the engine light starts flashing.

Turbostangs90

forum member
Reaction score
You need to have a serious talk with the Service Manager of the dealership. Tell him you dont give a GD that his techs say they cant find an issue, get it fixed or he can shove it up his arse! $33k isnt chump change!

JonathanDough13

Reaction score
From what I understand, Ford has a number of these cases and is working on a solution. Most cases can be fixed with the CPS/Neutral Profile relearn, but other cars require a programming fix.

Greentoyo2

Reaction score
Add another to this list, pops took his 2013 to ford this morning due to a cel, same thing, misfire, no cause found

Turd burglar

forum member
Reaction score
Somethin's funky with the tuning in the 13's plain and simple. Hopefully Ford gets it dialed in soon

JonathanDough13

Reaction score
The engineers have been working on a fix for a while now. I talked to Ford CS and she already knew about my car. My dealer escalated my case back in August. The Engineer came last Friday and installed a new PCM and programmed it up. 500 miles since and no CEL flash. I'm sure they'll put out a TSB soon.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back