strong shortblock

sickk09gt

Reaction score
I looking for a strong short block ....I had 2 of my past engines built here in town ...my recent build was a 302 stroker and it only lasted 500 miles sad to say!! and it put down 740 on a mustang dyno @14 with psi with a 76mm turbo... I am aware of of shortblocks sold by performance shops...just wanting Idk who is actually running one and making over 800+ hp and holding

go302

Tits McGee
Reaction score
What happened to the motor? What octane gas were you using to make 740 on a mustang dyno on 14 lbs?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
strong = $$

my .02 get Mike at L&M build you one to your needs.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I looking for a strong short block ....I had 2 of my past engines built here in town ...my recent build was a 302 stroker and it only lasted 500 miles sad to say!! and it put down 740 on a mustang dyno @14 with psi with a 76mm turbo... I am aware of of shortblocks sold by performance shops...just wanting Idk who is actually running one and making over 800+ hp and holding

Tim Eichhorn
MPR Racing Engines

^^He's REALLY good.

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
You can buy the strongest most expensive short block to ever grace the surface of the planet but if it's not tuned right you should have stuck to stock ... 500 miles on a built block sucks sorry for your loss . Did it blow because of detonation or poor craftsmanship ?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

What happened, boost spike?

TurboX

Formally Buzz Lightyear
Reaction score
You can buy the strongest most expensive short block to ever grace the surface of the planet but if it's not tuned right you should have stuck to stock ... 500 miles on a built block sucks sorry for your loss . Did it blow because of detonation or poor craftsmanship ?

What happened, boost spike?

It wasn't the tune or a boost spike. I believe the motor came in and out 3 times before cams were timed correctly. The car was tuned(very competent tuner) and on way home from dyno he had catastrophic failure. We removed valve covers on side of road and 2 intake rockers were broke but cams looked fine, after he removed the intake you can see both valve on that cylinder are bent to shit(didn't drop or break) and PTV did occur. Hopefully he will pull the motor and get a better idea of what failed. I suspect the valve stem to guide clearances were to tight and the valves actually seized. Due to the problems he had with timing of the cams and other issues, he is not comfortable going back to the same builder. No need in mentioning name, its a local place and not a place that is mentioned or recommended on this website. The guy has had several fast average cars(500-700RWHP) run with success but I don't know of any that have made the power the OP is looking or wanting to make.

IMO- People often overlook the heads and work required to be done for big HP, especially on a Turbo car.

TurboX

Formally Buzz Lightyear
Reaction score
I personally feel L&M or JPC are the only way to go on the heads, I had issues with guides and abnormal wear until I went 1st with L&M and then got my JPC heads.

We have all seen the issues that Livernois and MMR have had with heads and these have been on mild build cars.

sickk09gt

Reaction score
What happened to the motor? What octane gas were you using to make 740 on a mustang dyno on 14 lbs?
so far I saw on one cylinder were it kicked the rockers the valves are bent,(others looked ok from what I saw) engine will come out soon and I will get a better idea what happened. the car is on E85

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back