Strut Tower Brace with C/C Plates?

Bizzyb0nes

forum member
Reaction score
Will a STB work with the MM or J&M Plates? Trying to decide if I'm gonna get the gt500 mounts and use the BMR bolts I have, or go for a set of C/C Plates...first option is way cheaper lol

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
Yes. STB's generally (though can't speak for every type that might be around--just the ones I sell/use) bolt to the studs of the upper mount/plates which don't move. The there is a second part underneath the tower that allows for the adjustment.

I have installed MM and Steeda HD mounts with a variety of STB's ranging from Steeda, to the OEM Bullitt and Shelby braces as well as UMI's and an Edelbrock (two versions now available).

Bizzyb0nes

forum member
Reaction score
thanks sam...I have the American Muscle brace...bolts up like every other one I've seen thus far...I noticed a pretty decent difference, so I dont want to lose it...just weighing my options.

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
Take a look at the J&M CC plates if you're still in the market. They have an integrated upper strut mount that replaces the plastic factory one.

They don't have a caster adjustment like the MM plates, but they're also 90$ less expensive.

sqidds

Banned
Reaction score
The S197 doesn’t gain anything from a strut tower brace unless it is triangulated and attaches to the firewall as well. And the firewall would need to be beefed up a ton to help.

I have done a lot of testing on a frame rack and the strut towers have next to ZERO flex. On the other hand the strut towers in relation to the fire wall move a TON. The front uni-body will sag 24mm under its own weight when you support the car with jackstands under where the K-member meets the “tub”. I couldn’t believe it the first time I saw it and when I say saw I mean I SAW it sag. Then I measured the sag at the K-member where it goes under the motor and got 24mm, which may as well be a mile.

And as a rule of thumb I look at what the race guys are doing before I make a mod. If they think you don’t need it there is a good chance you don’t. The FR500C doesn’t have one.

Attachments

• Ford_Cammer_V8.jpg
    Ford_Cammer_V8.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 42

Bizzyb0nes

forum member
Reaction score
I would have to beg to differ...I put one on a while back..fairly noticeable...nothing night and day...but worth the $

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back