STS Single Turbo?

A John In NJ

Rice Cooker
Reaction score
Hey everyone, Happy New Year! I'm just curious if anyone has an experience with the STS Single Turbo Kit? Its something new from what everyone has... Just wanted to know if its worth the price or the effort of caring for it? Thanks

-John

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't have "experience" with them, but have seen them before.
My personal opinion, it was a relatively good idea that didn't quite pan out.
Way too much piping for my liking. Also not perticularly fond of the turbos being where they will get water, road grime, trash, etc. in them. But that's just me. Plus they seem to produce less power for the same psi as other kits.

On the up side, they are cheaper than other kits because they they don't have the popularity of other kits.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did the twin kit install for a MM&FF magazine article. It was the biggest pain in the a$$ but we made it work very nice. The install had to be completly redone from what STS had us do but we did speak with them every step of the way and told them what we thought should be done or used and they did seem like they were interested in what we had to say. However the install took two weeks due the complete re engineering of the kit. The car did make over 470 HP on only 7 psi boost but when the owner decided to take it to 13 psi with out letting us know it scattered the block!

JimIII

A John In NJ

Rice Cooker
Reaction score
Did the twin kit install for a MM&FF magazine article. It was the biggest pain in the a$$ but we made it work very nice. The install had to be completly redone from what STS had us do but we did speak with them every step of the way and told them what we thought should be done or used and they did seem like they were interested in what we had to say. However the install took two weeks due the complete re engineering of the kit. The car did make over 470 HP on only 7 psi boost but when the owner decided to take it to 13 psi with out letting us know it scattered the block!

JimIII

Is it worth the money tho? I don't plan on gettin a twin due to the fact that Im not gonna go crazy with this car... Just wanna hit 500rwhp...How much would a Dyno Tune with this single kit cost, cuz im here you guys...

-John

GI Joe

Reaction score
Is it worth the money tho? I don't plan on gettin a twin due to the fact that Im not gonna go crazy with this car... Just wanna hit 500rwhp...How much would a Dyno Tune with this single kit cost, cuz im here you guys...

-John

you should look at the turbo horsepower single then.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
just get your damn KB and be happy

A John In NJ

Rice Cooker
Reaction score
RON LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!:fu: LOL... Im just finding out information... I don't want to jump into anything just yet.........

-John

A John In NJ

Rice Cooker
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the info.. I was just curious due to the fact that someone was selling there kit for a cheap price... Wanted to know if it was worth it...

-John

v8venom

Face
Reaction score
John you are the most indecisive person I've ever met!! I agree with Ron just get your damn KB and be happy..LOL

Mike

A John In NJ

Rice Cooker
Reaction score
Im not gettin the turbo... Just like getting information on everything... I thought forums were to help out with information... A guy can't asked questions anymore without being accused! :moon: lol

-John

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back