Stupid ?? But....

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
Will Chrome and Polished rims clash? Im wanting to get some 18x10 Bullitts for the back of my car and run the 18x8.5's up front, but since there Polished aluminum I wondered how bad they would clash since there seems to be no 18x10 polished bullitts out there. Only thing I could think of was to paint them black like the factory bullitt rims but im not wanting to ruin them. I cant sell the ones I have because I dont have any thing to put back on to buy new ones so I was looking at this option to get some more tire under the back. Maybe just polish the shit out of them to look chrome and just seal them to keep the shine???

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
from a distance I doubt one can tell much of a difference, the issue IMHO, is they will not be the same rim, that will be noticeable!

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
Yeah, I know the looks will be noticeable but I'm thinking of just going and getting some 18x9 18x10 fr500's again. This is the first set of bullits I've owned and I really like them. Wish I had the loot to widen them. But I'm still thinking and wondering what to do.

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
to widen two are like 175 a piece...thats not too bad considering your gonna spend at least 150 a wheel on new FR500's

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
Yeah but paying shipping both ways adds up too. But I think all together it's right around $500 for every thing to widen them.

96blowncobra

forum member
Reaction score
you can always do like i did call cruizin concepts and talk em donw to 436 shipped for the black fr500's!

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Sell the stockers on craigs list and then buy the ones you really want. My wheels with 16k miles sold in two days for $450 on my tiny island.

Dont mix n match......it wont look right IMO.

patrick

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
if you have ever seen them side by side you will notice a huge difference. i had a guy park next to me at the friday night cruise in and he had factory chrome up front, and aftermarket chrome out back (or so he said) but it really looked like three different finishes on two sets of wheels. my polished aluminum had a deep luster as compared to the bright shine of his chrome

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
I think after debating about it, im just gonna sell mine when I get a chance and put a set of 18x9 18x10. Just now to decide which style. Thinking of going back with the FR500's.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back