Suggestion for classifieds??

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
How about for anything sold via this website you donate a measly 2% of the transaction to S197forum.com? I'm sure Kimmer could use the funds and what's 2 bucks on a $100 sale? This has worked great on another site I visit. It's a "win win" for everyone. Just a suggestion

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
So to pay the site 80 bucks for selling a 4000.00 item is ridiculous? Besides prices like that are definaelty not the norm. Most transactions are probably in the 100-500 range. And of course the items will stack up, that's the point. I think it's 2% is a small price to pay to be able to unload a shit ton of parts.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
So to pay the site 80 bucks for selling a 4000.00 item is ridiculous? Besides prices like that are definaelty not the norm. Most transactions are probably in the 100-500 range. And of course the items will stack up, that's the point. I think it's 2% is a small price to pay to be able to unload a shit ton of parts.

For all the shit these guys have to put up with, I completely agree!

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
I wouldn't have an issue with a Classified's fee... 2% would be fair enough.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I mentioned something similiar before and it didnt go very far. But I agree that there should be a small fee per transaction.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
People are more than welcome to donate to the site, I just would never ask or require it unless the site was about to go under or something major happened. Guess i'm just not a greedy person..lol.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
People are more than welcome to donate to the site, I just would never ask or require it unless the site was about to go under or something major happened. Guess i'm just not a greedy person..lol.

I don't think it's greedy by any means Kimmer. I mean you are providing a free service via the technical information on one hand, and the swap meet on the other. Albeit you get money from vendors but how is a 2% contribution really any different from people selling their stuff? Vendors are making money so they pay, people selling in the classifieds are making money, so they should contribute as well. It's not like you're asking for money from people just to use the site for information. Anyhoot, it's just a suggestion.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
if we were to do that, and require it, we would be the only forum to do so, and all of the parts would just get sold on competing sites.

This also isnt ebay. There is no way to confirm selling prices, ect, and jsut further embeds the admins/owners/moderators into the sales when honestly its none of our business

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Requiring fees would bring on a whole new slew of problems/complaints. Plus, it might deter someone for offering up something for sale that I might happen to be looking for. The classified section here is big. It's that way because it's free. Start charging fee's and it'll become a ghost town. Nobody likes fees. Between shipping charges, the market in general, Paypal...Everyone's got their hand in it. It's already hard enough to get much money out of something you're trying to sell.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
if we were to do that, and require it, we would be the only forum to do so, and all of the parts would just get sold on competing sites.

This also isnt ebay. There is no way to confirm selling prices, ect, and jsut further embeds the admins/owners/moderators into the sales when honestly its none of our business

You wouldn't be the only site doing so. And of course there's no way to confirm the prices and even if the person selling will donate. But the honest people will and it WILL help contribute to the site. Will some people abuse it, sure it's human nature. However the laws of averages say it will bring in some revenue. Being that it will be an honor system it would require NO extra effort from the staff. You could even make it a 1% contribution for the tight asses that think a $2 donation from selling 100 dollars worth of parts is "a lot" of money. Anyway it was just a suggestion and the contribution is hardly like ebay fees.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How about for anything sold via this website you donate a measly 2% of the transaction to S197forum.com? I'm sure Kimmer could use the funds and what's 2 bucks on a $100 sale? This has worked great on another site I visit. It's a "win win" for everyone. Just a suggestion

I like your idea but I do see the potential for tight-wads to dodge fees just like they do on eBay. If I ever list anything in the classifieds again, I'll start the title with "2%" and mention in the ad that 2% of the proceeds are returned to the site.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't be the only site doing so. And of course there's no way to confirm the prices and even if the person selling will donate. But the honest people will and it WILL help contribute to the site. Will some people abuse it, sure it's human nature. However the laws of averages say it will bring in some revenue. Being that it will be an honor system it would require NO extra effort from the staff. You could even make it a 1% contribution for the tight asses that think a $2 donation from selling 100 dollars worth of parts is "a lot" of money. Anyway it was just a suggestion and the contribution is hardly like ebay fees.

I belong to DOZENS and DOZENS of sites that have classified sections be it cars, electronics or otherwise and not ONE has instituted anything like that. Definitely no mustang sites i belong to. It brings the site into the mix of the deals and adds another hand in the pot, and when theres a problem with the deal, they will expect us to make it right. I never saw the part, I didnt ship it, I didnt own it, so I shouldnt be getting money off it and I cant fix it by typing. I sure as hell arent going to go drive to someones house to make it right either.. I being S197forum in those statements. Honestly, Thanks, but no thanks.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
I have an idea!!! Charge the OP $2 every time he bumps his thread, that would generate lots of revenue. lol

Earl

Winner winner chicken dinner!!!^^^^^^

I have an idea!!!! How about every time someone posts a useless post, we charge them one penny. That would generate even MORE revenue. lol

Perhaps you didn't notice that every post from me in this thread was a response to a question or statement right? Or is it you guys don't know what a bump is? And no I'm not talking about cola?

I like your idea but I do see the potential for tight-wads to dodge fees just like they do on eBay. If I ever list anything in the classifieds again, I'll start the title with "2%" and mention in the ad that 2% of the proceeds are returned to the site.

:thumb: , It's a start.

I belong to DOZENS and DOZENS of sites that have classified sections be it cars, electronics or otherwise and not ONE has instituted anything like that. Definitely no mustang sites i belong to. It brings the site into the mix of the deals and adds another hand in the pot, and when theres a problem with the deal, they will expect us to make it right. I never saw the part, I didnt ship it, I didnt own it, so I shouldnt be getting money off it and I cant fix it by typing. I sure as hell arent going to go drive to someones house to make it right either.. I being S197forum in those statements. Honestly, Thanks, but no thanks.

http://forum.turboford.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=6

I didn't say you, I said a siteI visit. It's easy to see in red. ^

Anyway, no harm no foul.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have an idea!!!! How about every time someone posts a useless post, we charge them one penny. That would generate even MORE revenue. lol

Perhaps you didn't notice that every post from me in this thread was a response to a question or statement right? Or is it you guys don't know what a bump is? And no I'm not talking about cola?
Perhaps you're a little thin skinned? I was joking about threads in the classifieds that are bumped constantly by the original poster. That is what this thread is about, the classifieds?

Earl

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Perhaps you're a little thin skinned? I was joking about threads in the classifieds that are bumped constantly by the original poster. That is what this thread is about, the classifieds?

Earl

My mistake Earl, I apologize. I misunderstood who you meant by OP in that context. As I was the OP in this thread, didn't realize you meant the OP of a particular classified thread. Sorry.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back