Summit Stars results so far

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
2007 gt

Front : 15X4 W/ 1-3/4BS w/ a 3/8" Spacer does not spin freely, doesn't spin at all actually just locks on the caliper.

Rear : 15X8 W/ 5.5BS w/ no spacer, fits spins freely.

Using ET Open eld lug nuts on stock studs.

So at this point I need to decide if i should try a 1/2 spacer or just get the calipers grinded. any advice? anyone else on here using the summit stars?

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
sway bar relocation in the rear?

stack the spacers for one wheel and see if it still rubs...don't drive like this though!

Last edited:

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
sway bar relocation in the rear?

stack the spacers for one wheel and see if it still rubs...don't drive like this though!

no need for sway bar relocation for rear its a 15x8 wheel, only 15x10 wheels in the rear need sway bar relocation.

I did try to stack my two 3/8 spacers on the front and it does spin free but their is not enough stud to actually do the stacking method, i think stacking two 3/8 is like .75 thick, now it is curious perhaps a 1/2 spacer would work, since. 75 thickness is enough space but studs arent really long enough.. however from .37 to .50 spacer not sure if it will still be enough.. I prob just gonna stick w/ the 3/8 spacer and get the front calipers grinded. but i might order a 1/2 spacer and try it and send back whatever doesnt work just annoying to buy then send back etc.

Last edited:

TC05GT

Reaction score
I used 7/16" spacers and Crager Convo ET lug nuts up front on my 05. No grinding, just enough clearance. Summit 541 series wheels as well. The combination of the conical seat lugs with the short shank got me plenty of extra thread engagement over stock nuts on the studs. Smaller diameter 3/4" head helped with clearance in the lug holes as well.

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
interesting.. this is the lug nut, im using:

gor-68077_w.jpg

Interesting so the 7/16th works for ya thats .43 thick.
I know the 3/8 doesnt work for me, thats .37 thick.
I know you have an 05 though might be different for my 07.

Hmm maybe I should just go ahead order a 1/2 spacer try out the .50 thickness. Then return whatever spacers dont work to Jegs for refund.

Last edited:

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
Ive seen several people using those type spacers. I dont know from personal experience but it does work. Now to how safe they are I dont know and if they are deemed safe on the drag strip because most tech inspections will not allow you to run spacers. But it does work though.

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
i just ordered 1/2 spacer. gonna try it see if its any better than the 3/8 spacer i really dont want to put the 1inch spacer on w/ the studs, so if it doesnt work w/ 1/2 spacer im just gonna get the calipers grinded and call it a day.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am using these. Got them at Discount Tire

accWheelLugs.jpg

Basically they are all wheel locks. Require their own socket (which is pretty small diameter). You use a socket on the end of that. MUCH easier to get off and back on than the stock lug nuts I was using.

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
ordered 1/2 spacer should be here any day and ill give that a whirl.. if it still rubs, its off to the grinder!

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
New Update tried the 1/2 spacers today and both wheels now spin freely. Its close as shit but they spin and I don't hear anything rubbing and after taking the wheels off i inspected them and no scratches or marks of rubbing on the inside of the wheel, so i may be good to go. I'll get the tires mounted sometime soon and go from there try em again and post pics and etc.

im returning the 3/8 spacers to jegs for refund.

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
nah, i'll most likely start doing some test and tunes at pbir late Sept or Early October, waiting for it to cool off some still.

All I know is im gonna soon prepare for the Ford Power Festival Oct 16-18th @ pbir, not sure which days i'll run yet need more details on it.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Right on...weather pending I plan to make it down but will not be running. I put one prostar on tonight with 2 1/4" spacers just because that's what I had and I wanted to try it before buying new ones and they are tight but seem to be okay.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back